||60||

3rd Person PoV

"Please!" the rain ninja begged, "don't hurt me!"

Shikarei stepped out of the shadows and rolled her eyes.

"What? Do you expect to leave here with a couple hits from Ren and a slap on the wrist?" Shikarei asked, "You're totally wrong."

"P-please I've already fought against you once before and I failed!" the rain ninja begged, Shikarei tilted her head as she looked at him.

"I don't... Remember you?" she replied.

"The war, on the front lines," the nin reminded her, "you spun me around like a rag doll and threw me off a cliff."

Recognition flashed in Shikarei's eye.

"You're still alive after that fall?" she asked with a laugh, "wow-- impressive, you must be made out of steel or something... Or was it..."

A shadow seemed to fall on her face.

"Was it that disgusting kekkei genkai of yours?" she finished her question before releasing her shadow possession jutsu, "how about we go for a round two?"

"N-no thank you," he shook his head frantically. He took a step back, she took a step forward, a blank expression dressing her face.

"You sure?" she urged, "because I'd love to have a go at you again. Especially because you pushed Choro into overdrive and sucker punched Ren."

"P-please," he shook his head frantically, "have mercy."

"No."

A single word response that was enough to send chills down everyone's spines.

"What is happening?" Ren questioned.

"I don't know," Choro shook his head, "is she losing control?"

"Losing control of what?!" Ren basically shouted, "she has nothing to lose control of!"

"That's true," Choro nodded, "is she just being intimidating?"

"No," Shikamaru shook his head, "she's being serious."

Shikarei put her hand up to the side of her face to block the others any sight to her eye as she swapped them. The intense glowing blue of the time eye caught the rain ninja's attention.

He quickly turned around and began running away, shouting 'no' over and over as Shikarei turned time forward on his body. He aged and aged, his running came to a stop, and his body started to crumble away until it was nothing but ash on the floor. A breeze passed and it was blown away as Shikarei changed eyes again and dropped her hand to her side again.

"Fool," was all she said before turning around, looking back to where her teammates were, "Choro, power down, Ren get healing immediately, Inoiché get your ass back in your body. Kisame, if you can hear me, you might want to go and get Itachi before he bleeds out."

Inoiché returned to his body and jolted up, moving from Ino straight away and jumping up ready to pummel Kisame again if he tried anything, instead the shark man snarled.

"I won't forget you Inoiché Yamanaka," he growled, "and I won't forget this. The next time we cross paths... You won't survive."

He then ran off in the direction of where Shikarei had left Itachi lying in the middle of a field, kunai pinned in his hands, arms, legs, and feet. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't underestimated Shikarei's real strength and regretted it immediately.

"Shikarei... What did you do to that guy?" Ren asked as he was healing Choro.

"I didn't do anything," Shikarei replied, "he just turned to dust. Weird, huh?"

Everyone gave her a raised eyebrow before shaking it off and focusing on Ren doing emergency surgery on Choro whose life was rapidly draining.

Shikarei's PoV

"All of you are so reckless," Ren shook his head as he finished healing Choro, "I hate you all."

"We love you too," Inoiché grinned as Ren began healing his wounds, he just kept shaking his head before moving to me and healing me too.

"And you!" he looked at me with a glare, "do I have to remind you that you're not only carrying your own life but your child's too?! You really are a stupid fool."

I sighed and nodded.

"I know," I looked away and shook my head, "Is Ruan Li ok?"

"She's with Lady Tsunade," Shikamaru told me. I nodded and stretched.

"Alright, let's get home," I announced as Inoiché helped Choro to his feet, "I'm in need of a serious nap."

"Jeez..." Ren shook his head, "I may just kill you all if you don't kill yourselves..."

"Well, I guess we'll have to keep an eye out then," Choro choked out as Ren pulled one of his arms around his neck and Inoiché pulled the other around his neck, "I can walk you know?"

"Yeah, straight into the floor," Choji replied.

"You little brat," Choro glared.

"When we get home..." Inoiché trailed off, "I think I'm going to request a break from missions."

"Me too," Choro nodded, "I'd like to relax on the farm for a while."

"And I think I'm just going to retire until I've given birth," I decided, everyone looked at me shocked.

"Who are you and what did you do to Shikarei?" Ino basically shouted.

"Let's just say I've had some kind of sense knocked into me," I replied, "now let's get home. I'm so tired."

Everyone nodded and we began our journey home.

°🥢°

"Thank you for escorting me," Ruan bowed to me, "I'm so sorry for the trouble you went through."

"It's alright," I nodded, "just doing my job."

"I'm really, really sorry," she kept bowing.

"Stop," I told her, "but I'm sorry you have to have a different escort. However, it's better. My team are too tired to continue."

"I understand," she nodded, "anyway, thank you so much."

"Don't worry," I turned around and began walking away, throwing a lazy wave in her direction before finally reaching a point where she couldn't see me and pushed my hands into my pockets before finally being able to return home and relax.