||90||

I'm getting super sad knowing the war is coming up soon >~<

°🥢°

"Who's that?" Inoiché pointed to a man with dozens of piercings and orange hair who was towering over Iruka and another nin who was clearly injured.

"One of the six paths of pain," I stepped forward as a pipe or some kind of rod? A chakra rod, maybe? Was slipped out of his sleeve

"Hey!" Choro shouted, catching the man's attention, "you!"

"Are you an idiot?!" I shouted at the red head before letting out a sigh and pulling out some kunai and throwing them forward, the enemy simply put his hand up and somehow sent the kunai flying back at us, "wh-what?!"

I quickly slammed my hands on the floor and dragged my shadow up and made a wall against the fast-moving weapons. Once I heard the clatter of the last one hit the floor, I dropped my wall and stood up.

"Iruka, get that guy out of here," I looked to him.

"We've got this," Inoiché shot him a swift thumbs up and a smile.

"Ren will most likely be in the hospital," Choro added on, "you'll be in good hands."

"Right," Iruka nodded before lifting the injured nin and then jumping away.

I, Choro and Inoiché walked into the open space and got ready to fight.

"Where is the nine tails?" the Pain asked us.

"Don't know," I shrugged, putting on a nonchalant cover, "don't care."

"Right now, we only care that you're destroying our village," Choro added on.

"And you're not getting away with it," Inoiché leapt forward and threw shuriken at the man, he easily avoided them and then swung his rod at us.

"Partial expansion jutsu," Choro exclaimed, his hand grew, and he went to grab the rod but another hand got to it first.

"Kakashi," I looked to the silver haired ninja with wide eyes as he snapped the rod into pieces.

Pain lunged to attack him, but Kakashi was quicker and dodged before slamming his hands on the floor.

"Mud wall!" he announced, me, Choro and Inoiché quickly jumped into the mud square that was surrounding the two.

Inoiché ran forward as Pain pulled another rod out and tried to attack Kakashi with it but missed as Inoiché's foot collided with it and shattered it on impact.

Kakashi quickly appeared around the side with his hand sparking.

"Lightning blade!" he announced, rearing back and then throwing his hand forward to attack the orange haired enemy in front of us.

"He missed?!" I exclaimed as I watched Kakashi's hand hit his wall behind the Pain, "what the hell?!"

"The copy ninja: Kakashi Hatake. The shadow master: Shikarei Nara. The more competent Ino Shika Cho formation," the man spoke up with a dull monotonous voice that sent unwanted shivers down my spine, "I am honoured to meet you."

Couldn't you have met us... Y'know like normal people who don't attack their villages?!

Kakashi skidded backwards.

"Where is the nine tails?" Pain questioned.

Why is he after Naruto?

"That's a stupid question," Kakashi replied as his hand lit up again in lightning. He jumped forward, ready to attack but Pain's gaze seemed to become more intense and then we were all thrown backwards, the structures around us were forced to shatter by some unknown force.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow," I winced pulling myself off of a pole that had pushed itself into my shoulder, "what the hell was that?"

Just at that moment, I got a good look at Pain's eyes. I was able to see the purple pattern.

"The rinnegan," I gasped slightly. I thought that was just an old folks tail, it exists in our time?!

Wasn't the last person to have it... Madara Uchiha?

I stood up quickly and then lunged forward.

"Shikarei, jump!" I heard Kakashi shout, I looked behind me to see lightning... dogs? charging at me, I threw my hands out, used the Pain's shoulders, and flipped myself over him just to watch him disperse Kakashi's attack.

"He can repel physical and non-physical attacks," I mumbled to myself as Choro and Inoiché dug themselves out of the rubble just as a crash echoed through the area.

"Holy crap! It's another one!" Choro announced.

I took in their appearance, it wore some kind of head gear, had the same piercings as the one I was stood behind, but I couldn't see his hair.

Wait-- he's not-- he is?!

The newer Pain pulled his wrist and hand off and revealed some kind of metallic looking thing.

"That doesn't look good," Inoiché mumbled as I jumped back a few paces, silently agreeing with the blonde as the newer Pain threw his arm up then straight down, a bunch of mini... missiles came flying at Kakashi. He didn't have time to move so he braced for impact then used the dust cloud to move.

"Kakashi! He also has the rinnegan!" I shouted, hoping he could stop his attack in time but didn't, "their eyes are linked!"

"You figured that out fast," Choro nodded to me as we watched the new Pain dodge Kakashi's chidori.

The Pain Kakashi was attacking jumped over to the orange haired pain and then... grew two faces? Ew what the hell?! Then he threw his cloak off to reveal six arms and a long razor-sharp metallic tail.

"What the hell is that?" Inoiché questioned as we joined Kakashi.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "there's no way that person can be alive? Right?"