||74||

"Have a safe trip," Pa told me as Himari ran onto the ship I'd hired for our journey to and from the Land of Illusions.

"We will," I nodded, he gave me a hug before turning and walking away with Uncle Choza and Uncle Inoichi. They have a mission, it's something to do with trying to decrease tensions between the hidden cloud and the hidden leaf because Lord only knows how we love ninja conflicts.

"You know, we could go with you, right?" Choro stepped into my line of vision with Inoiché and Ren.

"No, not this time," I shook my head, "I made a promise to my friends over there that I wouldn't take any ninja to the area or reveal their surnames. I plan to keep my promise."

"You're such a great friend," Inoiché smiled, "We'll see you when you return then."

I nodded and grabbed the last of our bags before walking onto the ship and pulling the boarding platform onto the deck.

"Mommy, look!" Himari was pointing somewhere ahead, I followed her finger to see more ships, smaller than ours, guess they must be fishermen.

I smiled and went to the engine and started it up before setting off on our voyage.

°🥢°

"Alright, time for bed," I caught Himari as she ran past me. The ship was currently in autosteer and on the course I'd set on the monitor, so I've just been sat out on the deck playing with Himari.

"No!" she giggled, trying to release herself from my grasp before stopping as she looked up, "what's that?"

I looked up to see the aurora lights dancing across the sky and smiled before lying down and bringing her down with me.

"They are the aurora," I told her.

"They're so pretty," she stared up at them in awe.

"They are," I agreed, "you know what some people think they are?"

She shook her head.

"Spirits. Spirits of people and animals all dancing and playing in the sky," I told her, "creating beautiful spectacles for their loved ones to see."

"Why would they do that?" she asked, her face showing she was extremely dumbfounded.

"Because they want to show their family and friends that they're still with them. Even after death," I replied before tickling Himari a little and then picking her up, "anyway, it's time for bed now."

A yawn came in response as I stood up and walked below deck where our beds were.

"Good night, Mommy," Himari said tiredly as I tucked her in, "I love you."

"Love you too, Hima," I brushed her hair of her forehead and kissed it before going to my own bed and sleeping as well.

°🥢°

"Lwand ho!" Himari giggled as the familiar wall of fog appeared ahead of us.

"Alright," I nodded steering the boat to follow the fog, I hope they got my message and let us land instead of just float through...

"Mommy! There's a dock!" Himari shouted excitedly. Oh, thank the ninja gods.

I steered and docked the ship before pushing the boarding platform down and watching Himari run off the boat excitedly.

"Careful, Hima!" I shouted as I grabbed and ninja pouch and tied it to my leg before walking off after her. She was waiting at the bottom of the docks.

"Up!" she shouted. This brat... Another Shikamaru, huh?

I laughed and picked her up, placing her on my shoulders as I walked through the beautiful landscape of the Land of Illusion and followed the path I'd memorised to the cabin they all live in.

"Kiara Senju! Mikana Uzumaki! Tomoe Uchiha! Coco-Hâta Hyuga! Hayate Koni!" I called, maybe they're not at the cabin? I doubt it. They like shogi too much.

"Shikarei!" a familiar male voice shouted as I exited the forest and to the open area that the cabin was located.

"Tomoe!" I shouted back, we both grinned at each other as I jogged over to him and he hugged me, after I'd placed Himari on the floor, of course.

"It's been so long," he smiled, "Good to have you back. I see you're embracing your eye?"

"Well, I've got no choice anymore," I told him sheepishly.

"You've got the pair, huh?" he asked, I nodded. His eyes wandered to where Himari was stood patiently beside me, his brow raised as he stared at her.

"An Uchiha?" he mumbled.

"Yeah, she's my daughter, Himari Nara," I introduced him to her.

"She's got the sharingan," he informed me, "how old is she?"

"3," I replied before kneeling down and looking at Himari's eyes. They were just the normal deep brown she has.

"She's unlocked her sharingan so young.." he trailed off sadly, "what's happened to her recently?"

"She was kidnapped?" I replied, "I hurt myself to help her. I hurt myself a lot."

"I've heard of things like that triggering the awakening, but I didn't think it was real," Tomoe gawked, "you know what. While you're training your new eye. I'll train Himari."

"Thank you, Tomoe," I smiled and hugged him again.

"By the way, who's the father?" he asked, "the Uchiha clan have a lot of potentials."

Oh crap.

He doesn't know...

"Tomoe... The Uchiha clan... They..." I struggled to get my words out.

"They what?" he asked, his eyes glazed with curiosity.

"They're dead," I said quickly, "only you and Fugaku's sons are the living pure blooded Uchiha left. Himari is a halfblooded considering I'm a Nara."

His eyes widened in shock.

"No way..." he shook his head, "come in here immediately, you'll tell me everything that happened. Don't leave any details out. I'll know because my sharingan can pick that kind of stuff up."

I sighed and nodded.

"Let's go then."