||82||

Shikaku's PoV

"Shikarei?" I called after knocking on her door, "it's been three days, Shikarei. You need to shower, eat properly, and come and talk to us. We're all really worried about you."

There seemed to be no sound coming from her room, not even a simple shuffle.

"Shikarei?" I called, opening the door to see a tidy and very empty room. On the floor was the letter and a crow feather, "Yoshino!"

I ran out her room and into the living room where Yoshino was doing a 'hairstyle like daddies' aka, that weird low ass ponytail Itachi always wore.

"What is it?" Yoshino asked, looking up from her masterpiece.

"Shikarei isn't in her room," I announced, she looked at me with wide eyes, "you watch Himari, I'll go out and look for her."

She nodded and I ran to the door, pulling my shoes on as I ran out the house.

"Shikaku?" I bumped into Choza, Choro and Choji as I ran past the door of the BBQ restaurant.

"Sorry, can't talk, looking for Shikarei," I quickly said before completely ignoring their shouts and looking down every alleyway and through every shop window.

Where the hell has she gone?

°🥢°

"She's not at home?" Tsunade asked, I shook my head, "strange... I'll have everyone looking for her. But first, why have you been rummaging around in the office next door?"

"The office next door? I haven't been," I replied confused, "only Shikarei has that ke-- I know where she is."

We both leave her office and stop outside the one next door.

I sighed and entered the room as soon as the door opened I knew she was in there. It's usually always locked unless she's there.

"Found it!" came Shikarei's voice, I looked to Tsunade who just shrugged in response.

"Shikarei?" I called, her head popped up from behind her file drowned desk, "What're you doing?"

"Well, I read Itachi's letter and then decided that I'm going to find Sasuke to tell him everything before someone tries to corrupt his vision of Itachi's suffering and life," Shikarei replied with a smile, "someone is going to attempt to manipulate the child and I'm not happy sitting around knowing that that's happening so... I came here to start looking for the file on any of Orochimaru's hideouts, known and unknown thanks to our encounter with my eyes."

I just frowned as she continued talking.

"If I'm right, someone (if it happened) will have taken him to one of Orochimaru's smaller hideouts or near one of them," she smiled.

"Are you... ok?" Tsunade asked as we both watched her with worry.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" she seemed to force out. I smiled and walked over to her.

"You liar," I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around her and felt as she hugged me back.

A few moments passed before sniffling came from Shikarei and her shoulders shook with her quiet sobs.

"It wasn't fair," she mumbled, her voice cracking slightly.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Tsunade whispered to me before leaving the room, closing the door behind her as Shikarei just cried all the tears she'd been holding back.

Sasuke's PoV

I can't help but to keep thinking about Itachi.

"Please... Sasuke... Look after them.... Look after my girls," Itachi forced out as he staggered towards me, his hand stretched out for my eye.

"Who?" I asked confused, stepping back as he stepped forward until I was leaning against the stone wall behind me.

"Shikarei...and H-Himari..." he mumbled as he reached me, "this is the end... Sasuke... I lov-ve y-you..."

I stared at him with wide eyes as he went crashing into the wall behind me and slid to the floor, a trail of blood being smudged down the back of the wall.

Who are Shikarei and Himari?

What's their relationship with my brother?

"Sasuke..." the voice of Madara came into the room as he slipped through the wall. I glared at him annoyed.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"To show you the truth behind your brother, maybe you'll find some answers too," he replied, I couldn't see behind his mask but I'm fairly certain he's wearing some kind of sly smirk right now.

I'm only going to listen to him because... I want to know who Shikarei and Himari are...