||58||

3rd Person PoV

"Multi shadow monster jutsu," Shikarei finished her hand signs and her monsters jumped out of everyone's shadows, more coming from Choro's giant shadow than the others.

"It's Shikarei Nara, Master of the Shadows," one of the rogue ninja shouted.

"Take her down first!" another shouted.

"No!" Itachi caught their attention, "I'll deal with her."

Shikarei seemed to get the picture and nodded.

"Choro, Inoiché," Shikarei called.

"We know," Choro replied, "go ahead."

She smiled a small smile and jumped off Choro's hand, jumping off and landing on one of her shadow monsters before running to the side, slashing at any rogue ninja that were getting to close to passing Choro and Inoiché as she passed them and entered the forest. She cut down any that slipped through the trees, obviously trying to be smart but failing as she ordered the shadow monsters to split into three teams, two going into either side of the forest while the other stuck around and helped Inoiché and Choro.

She reached an open area not far from the battle and stopped running, tucking away the kunai she didn't use and watched as Itachi walked over.

"Shikarei," he greeted her, "Why're you on a mission when you're, what? Two months pregnant?"

"Why should you... Care?" Shikarei retorted, creating a brave front, Itachi frowned.

"Because that's my child as well," he replied, looking away. Shikarei just sighed and dropped her façade.

"Aye," she nodded, "they are."

His frown softened into a small smile.

"Look into my eyes," he ordered, Shikarei tilted her head in confusion and looked before cursing to herself as he caught her in the mangekyo Sharingan.

"You little--" she glared, "why is it everytime we meet I end up meeting Orochimaru or I get stuck in a stupid genjutsu?"

He shrugged and walked over to me.

"What're you going to do when he or she is born?" Itachi asked.

"Is the only reason we're here because you want to talk about the child?" Shikarei asked with an annoyed sigh.

"I just want to know," he replied, "there's a 50% chance that they'll be born with the sharingan and 50% chance that they'll be born with the ability to use the Nara jutsu."

"And a 35% chance that they'll get both," Shikarei added on.

"If they get the Sharingan what will you do?" he asked.

"There's no point pretending I can protect my child from being affected by rage and sorrow," she replied, "so no matter what, I just have to be able to comfort them and try make sure they don't follow the road that the Uchiha follow."

"What road is that?" Itachi asked.

"Anger. Evil. Corruption," Shikarei listed, "the list goes, do you want me to continue?"

"No," he replied, "let me make a request?"

"Go ahead."

"If we have a daughter, name her Himari," he looked at Shikarei with a small smile.

Shikarei tilted her head, the name was familiar to her.

"Is it a boy or girl?" Shikarei asked, Yoshino shrugged.

"I won't know until later but as for names, if it's a boy we're sticking with Shikamaru, what about a girl?" Yoshino asked. Shikarei put her hand up and Yoshino looked down at her.

"Himari!" Shikarei suggested, Shikaku looked like he was in deep thought before nodding.

"Yeah, I like that," he nodded before looking at Yoshino for confirmation, she nodded, and they all smiled.

"Oh, that's what I wanted Shikamaru to be called if he was a girl," Shikarei laughed a little.

"And the name I've always wanted my daughter to have, should I have one ever," he replied, looking down at the floor, "my mother also wanted Sasuke to be called Himari if he was a girl."

"That's quite coincidental," Shikarei commented, "imagine if they were both girls."

"It would be quite... What do you Nara say? Oh-- 'troublesome'," Itachi let out a small laugh and Shikarei looked to the side as she smiled.

"Indeed, it would," she replied, "you have my word. Now. Let's go back, we must fight."

He sighed and nodded.

The genjutsu was broken and Itachi and Shikarei instantly threw a kunai at each other.

A shuriken met Shikarei's kunai while Itachi just dodged Shikarei's thrown kunai. The two charged forward and threw punches towards each other, deflecting each punch with another.

Inoiché and Choro, however, were starting to notice the decrease in shadow monsters as they took down more and more rain ninja.

"Choro," Inoiché shouted, "I think it's time for you to get serious."

"I was just thinking the same thing," Choro shouted back as he shrunk down to his normal size and punched someone down with his still shrinking fist, "cover me while I change."

"I've got your back," Inoiché replied before they bumped fists and Choro jumped back a few paces, pulling out the red chilli pill from the Akimichi clan's secret assortment of pills. He stared at it in-between his index finger and thumb before sighing and tossing his head back, popping the pill into his mouth and swallowing. His chakra boosted by 100x, and his body underwent transition.

Brilliant wings made from a deep red chakra sprouted from his back. His body adopted a set of pale red and silver scales across his arms, legs, lower torso, and face.

"Alright," Choro caught Inoiché's attention, "I have five minutes."

"As soon as it's done we'll get Ren to-- wait-- crap I forgot Ren isn't here!" Inoiché looked to Choro frantically, "you'll die!"

"It's fine," Choro smiled meekly, "let's just finish this."