||72||

I stand in front of the council, Tsunade, Ino Shika Cho generation 1, 2 and 3, Ren, Kakashi, Asuma, Sakura, Naruto, and Jiraiya. My mother is at home with Himari otherwise she'd be here too.

"Can you stop pacing please? You're making me dizzy," Tsunade looked at me annoyed. I stopped and sighed.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to... well... I'm trying to gather my courage to actually say this," I apologised.

"Will you just spit it out child?" Lord Homura asked, "we don't have all day."

Right.

I forgot that Homura and Koharu are moderately impatient.

"Alright," I let out a breath, avoiding the icy glare from Danzo. He's clearly still bitter about what I did all those years ago after the nine tails attack.

"12 years ago, Lord Third sent me on an assassination mission along with Itachi Uchiha and Ren Haruno. Our targets were the Midst siblings who so happened to also be after me," I explained.

"I remember, they got the upper hand on us too quick," Ren frowned.

"Yes," I nodded, "their leader was a mad man called Sudou Mou. He was cursed with a set of eyes called the eyes of time. Some point during his life, he'd decided he wanted to pass the curse onto me and sent his students, the Midst siblings, to come and 'collect' me. They caught us off guard with knock out gas and dragged me to Orochimaru who transplanted my blind eye to his eye of time."

I sighed and ran the fingers through my hair.

"I managed to escape before they took my other eye and when I returned to the village, Lord Hiruzen advised that we keep it between the two of us and then sent me to train with some nin in the Land of Illusion. Kiara, Mikana, Tomoe, Coco-Hâta, and Hayate all helped me to train my time eye and I played quite a few games of Shogi with them-- that's not the point though..." I quickly shook my head to get back onto the conversation point, "after I returned to the village a year later, I was sent on a mission to assassinate Sudou Mou. He warned me that if I killed him I'd end up with the pair of eyes of time but didn't. I thought it was nothing until now when we meet Marie Midst, the only Midst sibling still alive after I turned her back into a child. She had the missing eye. Now I've got it, and I don't want it exploited for evil."

The room was silent as everyone just stared at me.

"What a far fetch tale," Danzo broke the silence, "you can't honestly think that we'll even believe such a thing, can you?"

I just frowned.

"Alright, get your head out of your ass for this one minute so that you can clearly see this," I challenged before swapping my eyes, everyone's eyes widened, even Kakashi and Ren's did as they all looked to my eye.

"It's real," Koharu gaped at me.

"I think that it was highly irresponsible for Hiruzen to hide this from us," Danzo glared. I scoffed.

"Maybe it's because you're corrupt and the others can't keep their mouths shut," I rolled my eyes.

"Shikarei there's no time for your over stepping," Koharu snapped.

"Oh, I'm sorry for pointing out the obvious," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"You Nara-- no, you Shikarei Nara, are always so infuriating, it's like you enjoy to challenge my authority," Danzo growled, I turned to him and glared.

"What did you say?" I asked, "at least myself and the other Nara have respect. No one in this village actually likes you, Danzo."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Choro jumped up and patted my shoulder, "Calm yourself down."

I just huffed and turned away, swapping my eyes again.

"I just got a strange sense of déjà vu," I heard Pa whisper before he stood up, "Shikarei, if you have the other eye I think you should keep it. You've managed to keep that one safe so you should keep the other."

"I agree," Tsunade nodded.

"Where is the eye?" Jiraiya asked, I stretched into my shadow and pulled it out, "it's not like yours?"

"I noticed that too," I nodded, "I think that once out of a socket it turns to a normal eye but when it goes into one it turns to the curse."

Everyone nodded.

"Well, I don't trust this child with such an important thing," Danzo huffed, I went to reply but Tsunade jumped in before I could.

"I think if she's managed to keep one eye safe for this long then she can definitely keep the other eye safe," she glared at Danzo before looking to me, "though I think it'd be better if you had it in your own eye."

I looked at her in shock.

"Hold on there," I shook my head, "that'd mean I'd have to train this eye again and it took me a year of solitude and headaches to train one!"

"You can do it," she smiled.

I looked to Pa for help, but he just nodded. You know, in that cool way he does.

Sighing, I give in.

"Fine."

"Shizune," Tsunade shouted, the door opened and in walked the woman, "I have a job for you..."

I'm going to hate myself for this. I already know it.