||122||

"It really is you?" Itachi asked, "I was hoping I wouldn't bump into you during this."

I looked away as he pushed himself to his feet. A hand hovered in front of my face, and I looked up. He had his usual soft smile on his face. Sighing, I accept his help and he pulled me to my feet.

"I knew you were being reanimated but I didn't expect to see you," I muttered as I dusted myself down, "I honestly wish I didn't."

"Well, I'm glad I have got the opportunity to see you. Even if this moment will be just that, a moment," Itachi said as he placed his hands on my cheeks and tilted my head gently so our gazes met, "now I can be sincere. Shikarei Nara, I have loved you since we were kids. I'll always love you and appreciate everything you've done for me. You were my closest friend, you didn't ever push me away-- actually, you hunted me down even through my darkest days. You gave me a beautiful daughter and the even greater experience of falling in love with someone so great and beautiful like you."

"Please don't," I looked away, "I don't want to hear this."

"But you need to hear this," his hands moved from my cheeks and to my shoulders where he shook me slightly, "because you're not moving on."

"I'll have you know that I am," I scoffed.

"Oh yeah? How many dates have you gone on? Any guys caught your eye?" he asked me.

"Well..." I looked away again.

"Point proven."

"Point not proven. If you can't tell by your inconvenient presence, we're in the middle of a war," I glared at him, "I didn't have time."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"What about all that time between when I left and when you found me. Or even after that? What about after my death? I doubt Obito just appeared the day after I died and declared war," he retorted.

"Hold up--" I put my hand up to pause his counter to my whole relationship problem, "you said... Obito?"

"I meant Tobi," he coughed out slightly.

"He's not Madara," I said before looking to Itachi, "do you have any idea how important that new information is?"

"I have an idea," he nodded as I back away and paced.

"I was right this whole time," I muttered, "Madara is a fake and its Kakashi's teammate who is supposed to be dead... I was so freaking right! I'm never going to ignore my intuition ever again."

"Shikarei? You're making no sense," Itachi stopped my pacing and I turned to him.

"Hold on a minute-- why aren't you trying to attack me like Kabuto probably is controlling all the reanimated nin to do?" I asked, now realising that this seemed totally out of character for a reanimated ninja to do. I mean-- technically he's disobeying his master/creator.

"I used Shisui's eye," Itachi told me, "I broke free of the control."

"And you were on your way to stop Kabuto," I nodded, now fully understanding what was going on, "I got in your way. I apologise. You should go. I need to find Inoiché or anyone that can help me broadcast the truth behind Madara's true identity."

I turned and got ready to take to the trees again, however, I was dragged back again and pulled into his arms.

"H-hey-- what're you doing?" I asked, trying to push myself free of his hold, "We're in the middle of a war, Ita, let me go."

His grip tightened around me as he lowered his head to my shoulder and sighed.

"Rei, you need to let me go," he said bluntly.