||20||

Here we are again.

The final jounin exam (because the writer is hella lazy).

The final fight.

Battle for 1st.

But this time.

I'm the one with the upper hand.

"Go on, Shikarei! Finish that bugger off!" I heard Kurenai scream.

How did I become friends with those loud people? It's only been... 2 months since we met on the road? Now this? It's mentally exhausting.

"Fire style: phoenix flower jutsu!" my opponent staggered to her feet and started spitting balls of fire at me. I squinted for a moment. Kunai.

"Oh man-- what a drag," I sighed before just dropping myself onto the floor. The fire disappeared and the kunai all lodged into the wall behind me firmly. I sat up and looked at the girl who was just glaring.

"You're annoying!" she shouted at me before pulling out a katana and sprinting towards me. I groaned and forced myself up, pushing chakra to my hand and then easily slicing my hand through the blade, causing the half that wasn't being held to fall onto the hard ground with a metallic clang reverberating around the arena.

She looked between me and the broken blade in shock.

"You Nara aren't supposed to know any tricks like that!" she shouted. I gave her a look of disbelief before doing hand signs again.

"Shadow defence: wall of dark cage of light," I called before slamming my hand onto the ground and watching as the bar shadow bars appeared and thin but unavoidable splits of light emerged from the dark bars and impaled the girl, upper arms, lower arms, thighs, lower legs and stomach. She just coughed up blood and looked at me with disbelief.

"Good luck getting yourself out of that one," I nodded before sitting down, "what're you going to do, I wonder?"

In this exam the proctor doesn't decide when it's over until someone dies or gives up so even though that chunin looks like he wants to declare the winner, he can't, not yet.

The girl grunted as she tried to free herself, not realising that the light went straight through and connected to the other side of the cage.

"I always knew you Nara were freaks," she spat.

"How can you still speak rubbish when you're in a position like this?" I asked before doing another hand sign, "coin barrier jutsu!"

Then I reached through the bars and poked her chest, taking a step back to watch the grass ninja disappear and in her place, a shiny golden coin. I got rid of the cage and grabbed the coin. Pinging it up in the air with my thumb before catching it and showing the proctor the heads side. On there was the grass ninja, moving and trying frantically to find her way out.

(Rereading this while editing and uhh—wtf 2019 me???? This is so fucking weird bro)

"She most definitely cannot fight anymore," I told him, he looked up to the Hokage who just nodded down.

"Winner, Shikarei Nara, loser Koni Yai," the proctor announced. The crowd roared in cheers and the Koni girls sensei jumped down, looking rather panicked as I gave him the coin.

"She'll return to her human state in a day or two," I told him, "now you get some peace and quiet. Good for you!"

He flinched away and disappeared with the coined girl as Tsume basically jumped on me.

"Look at you! You did it, Shikarei!" she shouted really loudly. What else could I expect from my loud sensei?

The Third Hokage walked down and cleared his throat, causing Tsume sensei to quiet down and stand respectfully beside me.

"Our three jounin of this year are from the hidden leaf, the hidden sand and the hidden rain, Shikarei Nara, Baki of the sand and Aryn Lyne," the third Hokage announced loudly, "you all may take on genin squads as a sensei and go on jounin levelled missions. Congratulations!"

With that everyone left the arena, the three who became jounin were obviously proud, but I was just tired.

"Well done, Shikarei!" Kurenai came dropping down onto me when myself and Tsume met up with my team, my parents and my new friends who also had Hana and Kiba.

"T-thanks! Now get off of me, you're heavy!" I groaned, trying to push her off before giving up and falling onto the floor with Kurenai sat on my stomach. She burst out laughing and jumped off me, pulling me up at the same time.

"Proud of you, Princess," Pa ruffled my hair. Great now my hairs a mess. I just sighed.

"Thank you, Pa," I nodded before yawning and stretching, "man, I'm beat."

They all chuckled at me before Ma decided that she was going to cook food for everyone here now as a celebration not only because I'm jounin but my team are all chunin as well. Tsume sensei cheered and grinned.

"I have the best squad!" she shouted.

I'm so glad we live in a bigger house now, there is no way we'd be getting all these people in that smaller one before the nine tails attack.

"Shikarei!" someone shouted me as we began walking, I turned to see it was Itachi.

"Yes, Itachi?" I looked at him curiously, he shoved my ninja tools at me again.

"Team Ita-Rei have a mission now," he told me seriously. My eyes widened for a moment before they returned to normal, and I shot him a lazy smile before gearing up.

"I don't ever get a break around here," I grumbled before turning to everyone, "see you when I get back."

"What about the celebration?" Ma whined, Shikamaru looked up at her with a pout.

"I'm a ninja first, Ma. Daughter second, I'll be back before you know it," I replied before turning and walking away with Itachi at my side.

"Stay safe!" Inoiché, Ren and Choro all shouted.

"Yeah!" Asuma, Kurenai and Kakashi agreed.

"Let the power of youth guide you home!" Guy shouted in his weird way. I just shook my head and started sprinting alongside Itachi.

"Fill me in," I said seriously. He nodded.

"Basically..."