Untitled Part 11

LUMAPIT sa bintana si Blanche, sumilip siya sa blinds. Hindi niya napansin agad. It took several seconds before she realized what she was seeing on the road below.

Parang nananadya.

It was Paige. Isinusudlong ang bike. Blanche could guess where the woman was going. Huminto ito sa walkway na papunta sa Fairway Court sa gitna ng mga condotel building kasama na ang kinaroroonan niya. May coffee shop doon, snack bars, tiangge.

Soon, Paige was joined by Ty. May sudlong rin na bike ang lalaki. Magkasabay ang dalawa na naglakad sa walkway.

God, she really looks like her.

The resemblance was so striking. Naniniwala na si Blanche sa doppelganger.

"Blanche---" pukaw ni Dr. Goco sa atensyon niya. Fossil na ang duktor. Kulubot na kulubot na at panay age spots. Bakit ayaw pang mag-retire, ewan niya.

"Yes, Doc?"

"You were telling me about Darby." Sabi nito, nasa arm chair na leather.

"It was a dream, Doctor Goco. I was telling you about my dream, not Darby."

"Dream about Darby. Why do you think you keep dreaming of her?"

"Hindi po ba obvious? She ruined my life. I trusted her and she betrayed me."

Of course I will dream about her. Darby is a nightmare.

"Darby is not the problem. It's you and how you're dealing with what she did. We can't change what happened. We can't change who Darby is. But you can change, Blanche. You need to get control of your life."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"That's why you're here. Let me help you through it."

Bumalik si Blanche sa sofa, nagalukipkip siya doon.

"Tell me again about the video." Sabi ng therapist.