Untitled Part 23

NAGPUNTA ako sa inyo dahil tinawagan mo ako. Pinagbantaan. Gusto kong malaman kung bakit galit na galit ka sa 'kin. Ano ang ginawa ko para pagbantaan mo ako na papatayin?

"Wala ka raw sa bahay n'yo sabi ng maid n'yo. So I left. Pero may napansin ako sa gulong ng scooter mo, naisip kong tanggalin kasi baka madisgrasya ka." Kinuha ni Paige sa bulsa ang retaso, "Nakapulupot sa gulong. 'Yun ang ginagawa ko dun sa footage ng CCTV. Hindi ko pinakialaman ang gulong. Wala akong intensyong masama sa 'yo, Blanche."

Sinulyapan lang ni Blanche ang retaso, "Sa akin wala. But what about...Amber?" Tumingin ito sa mga mata niya.

Napakurap si Paige, "A-Ano'ng sinasabi mo?"

"Nagkataon lang ba na nandito ka ngayon, pinagsisiksikan ang sarili mo kay Amber at boyfriend mo rin si Nicko Robles?"

Napanganga na lang si Paige.

Nagpatuloy si Blanche, "Wala kang social media account kahit ano. I found that curious, Paige. Even those who don't like Facebook have Facebook. Maybe you deleted yours or you got dummy accounts. Either way, that's worth looking into especially that you literally just came out of nowhere. What were you even doing that day at La Santa? That's out of the bike route--rental bike route and you coouldn't possibly miss it. There are signs, Paige. For cyclists.

"I took some pictures at the party. It was only this morning that I got to Google them. There really are no secrets these days, Paige. One picture you knew nothing about was all it took. Ivan Selbor owned the picture. Obviously, binaligtad ang Robles. Nicko was there too and his name, I'm so familiar with because Darby was always cursing that name."

Paige winced.

Blanche nodded, "Yes, that probably hurt but that's the truth. Darby was pissed your boyfriend had to die and got her in a mess. Darby really didn't care about anyone, Paige. Darby only cared about Darby. That's why I get it. Kung galit ka sa kanya at gusto mo s'yang gantihan.

"But she's not here and..i can't allow you to use Amber. You have no idea what Amber had to put up with when Darby was here. Darby's the favorite daughter. The prettier one, the smarter one. Darby can have anything, while Amber...she couldn't go to that flying school. Her parents would not give her the money. She can't even use her trust fund, she only gets allowance. Sometimes she wonders, does she really even have a trust fund? And Darby...she's just....so mean to Amber. I don't understand it. How could someone so privileged be so mean? What else did she want?"

"I-Ikaw?" Tanong ni Paige, "What do you want from me?"

"I know how to keep a secret, Paige. I will not say anything about you and Nicko to anyone. If you will stay away from Amber. I don't want her to be in any more trouble. I love her. I have to protect her." Tumingin si Blanche sa kawalan, "From herself."

"Huh?"

Umiling ito, "Can you do that, Paige? Can you keep your part of the bargain?"

"Wala naman akong choice. Pero...hindi ko lang maiipangako na mananahimik pa rin ako once na bumalik si Darby. Sa maniwala ka at sa hindi, wala akong intensyong masama kay Amber. Una pa lang, nakita ko na na iba s'ya."

"Fair enough." Sagot ni Blanche. "Goodbye, Paige."

"Goodbye, Blanche."

For now.