Chapter 19

Mahira's POV

I can't believe that he was here for me.

" We will not let him meet her. " Haya said.

" Yes. I will throw them out of my house. " Brian said.

" Stop it both of you. I want to talk to Ryan. " I said as I stood up.

" Wow! Both of them want to talk to each other. Lovely! " Haya said.

" Okay, I will send him. But we both will be out in the veranda and you can hint us anytime, you want. " I just nodded and sat on the bed.

Today, I had to tell him, which I kept secret for a long time.

" Mahi. " He enters the room.

" Yes. " I said as I stood up to meet him.

" Mahi,  I am sorry.  I didn't know how it happened, I was so drunk.  I love you Mahi. Please forgive me...  " He said.

" Forgive you?  Have you ever thought what I have faced?  How much pain I have gone to?  No na,  then?  " I said.

" I don't know Mahi.  I don't know how to ask forgiveness from you...  I know the pain was unbearable but all I can say is Sorry,  cause I can't change that incident from your life.  "

" Sorry " I chuckled.

" You know what...  Remember when Iyan pointed a gun at you and asked to snap the hunter rope,  I thought you would save me by taking his hun and pointing at him.  But what did you do?  You snapped me.  " I shouted at the end.

" And now you ask for forgiveness. You never came beside me and said that you are with me and you will not let me harmed. Instead you went to your room.  You didn't even applied antiseptics for those scars.  " I literally shouted.

" I was drunk " He said.

" Ohh really. I thought you were dead. " I said in dismay and walked towards the bathroom.

" Mahira " He shouted.

" Shout as much as you want.  But this fact will never change. " I yelled.

As I enter the bathroom,  I looked at the mirror in front of me.

I have to show him my scars. I said in my mind.

I removed the kurta I was wearing and asked Ryan to enter. 

As he enter, I saw him shocked.

" You see these scars...  These are the proofs for my sacrifices. " I said.

" Two shades?  "

" The dark ones are from yesterday's and the light ones are the old ones. " I said.

" Can I touch them?  " I nodded.

" But be careful. "

He touches the scars on my back and I was looking at his face.  He was guilty.
He turns me over and saw the scars in front of my body.

" I am sorry Mahira... " He said with tears in his eyes.

" I forgive you.  " I said and hugged him.

" You are strong Mahi. " He said and kissed my temple.

" I'll be back. " He said and left.

After sometime,  he comes with an ointments and ask me to lay down on bed with my back facing him.

He apply the ointments and stays there until I feel like sleeping.

" Go to sleep.  " He said and left the room.

I smiled and said to myself.

It's time to play a game.

to be continued