Chapter 25

At evening

Mahira sat on the couch in her room and waited till she could agree on calling Catherine. She asked for her number from Zamir, but she just didn't know if she can talk to her. But she just called her and waited for her to receive it. She was ready to take this step cause she wanted to know more about their lives after she left. She was happy with their marriage. All she feared was that she will not start giving her lectures all over again. She dialed her number and stood in the balcony to watch the swimming pool at the backyard which was a surprise to her.

" Hello "

" Hi, Catherine. "

" Hi. May I know who are you? "

" I am Mahira. "

" Oh! Ira, how are you? "

" I am fine. How are you? "

" I am good. What about you? Where are you now? "

" I am in New York. Married. Are you married? "

" Yes! Caleb and I married the same year Nureen and Zamir married. "

" Ohh! So, I just left and you both got married. " We both laughed.

We were quiet for a few minutes. So, I thought to initiate the conversation.

" So... How's life? "

" Good. I am a professor of English literature at the University of Paris. Caleb, as usual, is building his business of hotels in different countries. We will soon be transferred to New York for his new franchise. "

" That's amazing. "

" What about you? "

" Nothing just I am a psychologist now and I married Ryan, who is a businessman. His Khan company is going good. "

" That's different from you. "

" Different? "

" Yes. I mean, you have changed. "

" Yes. Life is good to make us change. "

" And how are your brothers? "

" They are great. Both work in Ryan's company. "

" That's great. " We were silent again.

" What about kids? " I asked.

" What? No! "

" Why is your voice echoing? "

" Huff! Can you even imagine, I am in the bathroom right now, waiting for the visibility of those two lines on my pregnancy kit. "

" Calm down. Calm down. So, it's not yet confirmed that you are pregnant? "

" Yes. I recently noticed that I missed my periods for like 2 months and so today I took the test, now waiting for the result. "

" Okay. So how will you tell this to Caleb? "

" I have a plan. "

" Ohoo! All ready for celebrations! "

" Yes, kind of. "

We were silent again.

" OMG! It's positive! "

" Woho! Congratulations! " I was so happy that I started jumping in excitement.

" Feeling relieved? " I asked.

" Yes. "

" Well, I got a call from Zamir yesterday. "

" Yes. I know. I gave him your number cause I know, you can help us. "

" Yep. I want to know more about their love life. "

" Yes. I know you will ask me. After you went, she got a message for her Instagram status from a real gentleman and so, being all crazy she started to checklist his qualities and then...

Hey Ira, I will call you back, Caleb is in the room and he will definitely see the pregnancy kit if not hidden now. So, I will call you later. Bye. "

" Yeah, sure! Bye." I smiled after talking to Catherine and as I sat on the bed to relax, I heard someone shout,

" LOVEBIRDS COME OUT RIGHT NOW " 

And I could think of only one person,

" Is Iyan Bhai back? " 

to be continued