Chapter 29

Mahira POV

Next morning

I woke up early morning and freshen up soon. As planned, I sat on the couch in the room,  searched for the recording of the conversation of me and Zamir in my phone, tugged on the earphones as Ryan was sleeping and played the recording, taking pen and notepad to make sure that every important point was noted.

The recording started,

"Hello. " ~ Mahira 

" Is it Mahira on the call? " ~ Zamir

I skipped a few seconds as it was the intro part.

" Yes... " ~ Zamir

" Okay, let me help you. Tell me more details. "  ~ Mahira

" Actually, one day, my friends organized a party and on the same day, she had to visit her friend. I had to go to the party two hours before her time, so I left early. She agreed for that easily which was a surprise for me. "

" Why so? "

" Cause, my friend group includes my ex-girlfriend and she was jealous of her tantrums of being close to me every time we organize a get-together. Earlier, Nureen slapped her and even before that she threw her in the pool. So, in short, she hates the parties which include my ex-girlfriend, Eleana. And that day, she accepted that easily so. "

Proud of you Nureen! I whispered again as I did the same in the recording.

" Did you tell her about the presence of that girlfriend of yours? "

" Yes. "

" No, you didn't. Or else she would have declined after knowing her very well. "

" No, it was her plan. "

" What? "

" Yes. At the party, Eleana told me that she wants to tell me something and she took me to a room and there she was all over me. "

" Nureen would have killed her then? "

" Almost. "

" She's really my girl. " 

" Nureen entered the room at the same time and she caught us on the bed, Eleana hovering me and then Eleana started shouting that I was behind this act. Thanks to her that she shouted against her and their fistfight and rolling on the floor and when I and my other friend broke them up from the fight, they started shouting all the ill words they know. "

" Great competition! "

" Yeah, but then she said something which was really unexpected. "

" What? Was that something related to Nureen? "

" Yes. She shouted that Nureen is having an affair. "

" What? " 

Mahira removed her earphones as she screamed in the recording.

" Yes. I too didn't believe that when she showed the clips of her and some guy sitting in the restaurants. "

" I can't believe that. "

" That evening, she really was a different person as she showed the pics of the meetings of me and Eleana in the restaurants and said that we both are on the same track, betraying one another and then she left. "

Mahira removed her earphones again, knowing that there was another scream.

" What? " The faint sound of my scream reached my ears, even when I removed the earphones.