Chapter 24

At lunch

" So, Mr. Ryan, how are you feeling in this new environment? " Brian started the conversation in an awkward moment.

" No talks while eating. " Haya warned Brian. Everyone looked at her and then continued eating.

Soon, Haya and Brian left to the kitchen corner to wash the utensils and Zack joined them too a bit later. When Ryan finished his food, he looked at Mahira who was busy in her thoughts. She could just complete half of her food, covered it with an unused plate and left towards her room.

Ryan was observing her every moment. He gave his plate to Zack, washed his hands and went to the room in anger. As he entered the room, he saw Mahira lying on the bed with her back facing him.

" Why did you left without eating food completely? "

" Was not feeling like eating. "

" And feeling like crying, right? " Mahira turned to face him.

" Just feeling guilty. "

" What for? That you left her? " Mahira nodded slowly.

" Come on Mahi. It was destined. If you had not come to this place then how could I meet you, how could I marry you. Don't feel guilty. I know you are missing her very much but, please don't cry. " Ryan sat in front of her and wiped her tears.

He was waiting for her to calm down and relax and talk to him but she was busy in her dream world. Ryan wanted to take her out of that guilt because he knows, if he didn't, then she will be in that dark world which will be difficult for her to live in.

" Look at me. " He said, but she didn't act like she heard anything.

" Look at me, Mahira. " He said a little louder. She did look up but in nanoseconds, she was back in her previous position.

" Okay fine. " He leaned close to her which made her look at him in surprise.

" Why aren't you looking at me? " He whispered.

" Because..." Mahira started but then she looked at him and tried to figure out what to answer because she too didn't know why she was not answering to anything he asked.

" Because? "

" I guess..." This time, Ryan just gestured her to continue with her eyes.

" I guess, I am not looking as beautiful I used to be. "

" What? " Ryan was astonished by her answer. He moved back and looked at her. She was already looking at him.

" What does that even mean? What it has to do with me and the conversation I want with you? "

" It means that... maybe... you may not like me in this skin tone of mine... "

" Are you out of your mind? Why would I love you just for your looks and beauty? Arghh!" Ryan was shocked. He stood up and started walking in the room.

" I can't believe this. How could you even think that? Don't you know how much I love you? I don't care about your dark history. I love you because of who you are. You are brave, confident, courageous and what not. I love you for the good soul you have that you can go to any extent to be on the good right path. I love you... " Ryan just blurted out the words that crossed in his mind and Mahira looked at him in utter surprise, because she was counting on the good deeds she did to have a gentleman like him as her husband.

Mahira stood up and walked to him and hugged him tightly. That was the best part she could do for now.

to be continued