Chapter 21

A/N

I have changed a few things in Chapter 5 of this book where Mahira narrated her past in her point of view. Please do take a look. 

Happy Diwali!

Ryan POV

After meeting Mahira, I gained inner happiness. The best part of the return made me confess my love for her which I hid from her for long. Back when we both started spending our free time together, I was attracted to her, and I waited the day when I could propose her. But then Iyan Bhai showed his new identity as an angry villain. Though he left that instant after dropping me here. I was devastated for what I did to Mahira all these days, but I don't have the power to delete it from her life and just keep the memories we sent those first few days.

That day after watching her scars, I was shocked by what has happened to her but didn't know-how. I did try to ask Brian, but he was busy with Haya in their new romance. So, I thought to ask Zack but he was busy with some work. 

The next day, after my confession and when Mahira got a call, I took that as a chance to ask either of the brothers. 

" Hey, Zack! " I said as I sat beside him in the dining area. He was busy in his own thoughts while drinking coffee, but smiled looking at me.

" Hey, Sir! "

" Ohh, come on. Ryan is much better. "

" Okay, Ryan. "

I didn't know how to start the conversation but today I have to.

" I want to ask you something about Mahira. Please do not tell this to Brian. "

" Sure. " He said, looking at my way, all alert, waiting for my question.

" It's about her scars. How did she end up like this? I mean, such cursed torture she had gone through and she... No words. Ufhh!" I took a deep breath. The image of her scars was in front of my eyes.

" I didn't expect that you will ask me this, one day. "

" I have to, cause I want to know more about her and I don't want to trouble her for that. "

" Actually... " He looked at the door of Brian's room. 

" I am telling you but don't let Brian know about this. " He whispered.

" Deal! " I whispered as well.

" When their parents died in an accident, Aunt Rochelle helped her first with the money for all the needy things. But later on, she became cruel. So to get help for money, she roamed around the streets of the market, where she met me. I was sitting near a food shop, waiting for that lady who always gave me a bag of food and kept another bag with her. She looked weird because she always wore the same dress. At present, I only remember her face. " He turned to look at me as my hand reached to his shoulders.

" She was very innocent at that time. She was ready to do anything. " A tear fell off his eyes. That caught my attention.

" What do you mean? " I asked.

" That day, I had the 2 packets of cookies left with me and there was no idea of that lady. But when I started eating one of those, a cute little girl asked me a few bites and I gave her the other pack. I was observing her and she ate like she was hungry for so long. I initiated the conversation and found out that she was living with her cruel aunt and when she asked about me, I showed her my mom's picture and she told me that she is her Khala and I was like how can it be possible, then she told me that they are good friends and almost like sisters, which I understood later though. " He laughed at the end.

" Then while talking we walked through the streets and reached a bar and she saw how rich people were roaming there so she told me to wait and was about to go inside when her aunt caught her from behind, maybe recognized her but then I understood that we were standing in front of her car then how can she not recognize her. Then, we never met until when I crossed that area again. I saw her coming in a beautiful dress like her aunt, to that bar. She was all alone ready to enter that bar and all I could do was watch her. The next day, I waited for her but she never came. I always had eager to meet her again. I always waited when school will get over or when I could meet her again. But all in vain. "

" Maybe her aunt got to know of that. But... What about you? Where did you use to stay? " I was, all of a sudden, worried about him and his past too.

" Rosy's orphanage. She was a very good guardian of mine, always supportive. But you know we kids need evening food as well which was not affordable by the orphanage so, I used to visit the market to meet that lady. "

" Then... next when did you meet her? "

" The park near to the orphanage, which was the center point of both our places. I used to visit that park once a week and that day I wanted to be there for long and there I met her. She was crying and she was bleeding. I tried to calm her down when she told me about her work. I cannot even believe she took that step for money, Ryan. " 

" Did she...? " I hope he understood what I meant.

" Yes. She told me that when her aunt took her from the bar, her colleague was there for giving some important files and she asked him to kind of rape her as a punishment. She told me that she asked that guy for help and he asked her to reach that bar and he will help her out and then her work was to satisfy her customers and she earned so much that she was able to afford food and fees for our education. The trio was enjoying our good life now. And do you know when she told me this? "

" She told you in the park, right? "

" No. That day she just told me about a guy who helps her with money and for bleeding, she told that she fell off the rocks while walking. "

" Then how come you...? " I was confused now.

" She told me when I asked her about the scars on her neck which she tried to hide through the foundation creams. I was like what she has done and why... to which she always replies with the name of Brian. And that being elder sister to him, she is responsible for providing all his needs. She is the reason for our success. After completing her 12th which we forced her to, she left for her job of receptionist in 5- star hotel and she was paid more than her previous work and so, she sacrificed her further studies and when I and Brian got the job in your company, we asked her to come back and forced her for her further studies. And now she is a psychologist. " He looked at me and smiled and then looked away. I felt like he is trying to hide something.

" Am I missing something? " I asked curious about his weird behavior.

" Our relationship. "

to be continued