Chapter 23

Ryan entered the room after dinner to find Mahira nowhere to be seen. So, he searched for her to see her crying in the balcony.

"Mahira? What happened? "

" I am guilty of leaving her alone. If I would have been with her, I would have never loosed her. "

" Loosed who? "

" Nureen, my best friend. "

" Hey. " Ryan said and tried to console her by hugging her from the back.

" Ryan, I need someone right now who can listen to all those thoughts going in mind. "

" I am there for you. " He said and snuggled to kiss her temple.

Flashback  ( Mahira POV )

It was afternoon and as it was some holiday, I and my flatmates were with me. I was sitting on the dining table and chopping the vegetables for lunch. 

The flat room was like the main door, north to it was a big room, with a king-sized bed and attached bathroom, the west side was stairs. Half stairs to reach the kitchen and dining area and continued another half of the stairs lead to two rooms, a single bed with attached bathrooms, which belonged to me and Nureen Khan.  The room in the downstairs was of Catherine Wertz and Caleb Smith who were fiancee. Nureen and I got this when there was an advertisement for pg's wanted, and we got that. There we met those love birds (Catherine and Caleb, the CC couple), who were already staying in the flat room as pg's. Later, we all became friends. 

( A/n

While writing the 'CC couple' line, I was like, " again C then they can be called 'C cube' but 'cube' starts with 'c' as well. Damn! Their names are so cute to be changed. Again 'c' 

*face slap* 

Like really, Man!

😂😂

Okay, now back to seriousness )

I was in my thoughts when I heard the sound of the door opening and closing and someone crying. So, I went downstairs. 

" Rine " Nureen said crying. She walked to her and put her head on her lap and started crying even more.

Nureen was an exceptional girl, who calls her friends with the ending letters of their name.

" Nureen, what happened? " I asked reaching for her.

" Nothing. Just a break-up. "

" You broke up? With whom? And when did you become like one to have boyfriends? " I asked. She tried to sit but Catherine made her lay again and she started giving her massages on her head. 

" Actually, you were busy in the job, Rine was busy in Eb, so I wanted someone with whom I can spend time with so, I found Imran and we fought today cause in anger he was so rude that he came up with the topic of her ex and that how much help she was to him and all. I am so much freaking out right now. " Nureen screamed at the end. 

I sometimes felt that she was learning this from Catherine and Caleb. They were always on each other whenever we used to come in the evening after works. 

" I told you Een that self-love is the best. I know sometimes you need someone else to make you love yourself, but now, don't you dare go for any search of guys for yourself. I know, he will surely come to you when he has to. " Catherine said.

" Who? " Nureen asked looking at her.

" Your imaginary husband. " And they both started laughing. 

" You know what, I always have learned from you three things. "

" What are they? "

" SELF LOVE, SELF ACCEPTANCE, AND NO PANICKS!" Caleb said coming inside the hall. I went to the kitchen, finished my work while being in thought that I too feel alone and just that job of hotel receptionist help me occupied. I did that just for Brian and Zack. I too wanted the imaginary husband they were talking about. I too wanted to be loved by someone, I too wanted so many friends, but I could never do that I don't know why. As I finished my work in the kitchen, I went downstairs only to hear,

" Don't you dare speak about this in front of Ira. " Nureen said.

" What about? " I asked.

" Its nothing. "

" No, It is something, tell me. "

" You won't like it "

" I don't care, just tell me. "

" Okay, then listen. I heard you saying 'I hate myself' while you were bathing and I had to take your dupatta from your cupboard. I didn't say anything but now I want to. Ira, we know what happened with you but that doesn't mean you will hate yourself. Be a strong person. Come on, everyone has flaws. Like me, I overthink for such small things, I panic when somethings goes against what I thought of, and see I am becoming a doctor to overcome my panic attacks. I do have phobias too, right? " Nureen said. I never expected this. I regret being stubborn to ask that.

"It's not even comparable to what I have gone through. " I shouted.

"Had it been self-love, it would have been easier, but self-acceptance is something which requires a lot of strength and you can't love yourself until and unless you've accepted yourself. You can find hundreds of people who are willing to accept their qualities and being proud of them, but how many accept their flaws? So very few people. A person is made of flaws as well as strengths. How can you even accept yourself if you neglect your flaws?" Caleb said. It was an embarrassment to me.

" Also, nothing, I mean nothing, is perfect in this universe. Being perfect means that there can be no further improvement and this means that the process of improvement will become constant/stagnant, and isn't this against the laws of evolution? And so, when no one is perfect and everyone has flaws, why should you be ashamed of yours? It's not a bad thing to have flaws, it means that you're a human. Ergo, you need to accept yourself as the person that you are and improve yourself, not for others, but your self. You need to be satisfied with yourself. You need to happy with yourself. You are you and no one can be you as good as you are. No one can fit into your shoes. You have worth in this world. The world won't be the same if you weren't in it. " Catherine said. 

My ears were listening to their words, my eyes showed me the images of my past and my heart crushed into pieces thinking of what I had done and gone through. Why would anyone go through this? My reason was the love for my brothers. 

I just couldn't take it anymore and so, I left for my room. I knew they were right and want me to start my life with a new me, but I was not ready to forgive myself for my past deeds. Without thinking even once, I took the bag which I had packed since day one and left for the hotel I work in. In spite of their sorry and pleasing me to stop, I left that place and never came back. I was crying that day and it was fortunate for me that I got a place to sleep and eat in the hotel.  

Flashback ends

" And now, I heard from Zamir, Nureen's husband that Nureen is missing. If I had not forced them I would have been with them happily. "

" Maybe or maybe not, but for now I would say Mahi that don't you dare overthink now. I know she is missing but that doesn't mean who will cry out in the corner of the room for her and crave her to be back with you. Its time you have to show how you can find her and be called the best agent for finding her. Just be calm and sleep, for now, my Love "

to be continued