Chapter 28

" I want my friend back. " Zack said immediately. Mahira lost her smile and looked at him confused. Ryan understood what he indirectly means.

" What does that mean, Zack? I am your friend. " Mahira was all attentive to his every move and expression.

" Zack, what is it? " Brian asked him placing his hand on Zack's shoulder.

Zack removed Brian's hand and stood up with his eyes on Mahira and said,

" You left me all alone in the dark night. " Mahira stood up as well and walked after Zack, who ran inside.

" What has happened to him? " Haya asked Brian who looked at Ryan and then up in the air.

" His heart is broken " Brian whispered and stood to reach the terrace where Zack and Mahira just reached.

Haya followed Brian, while Ryan went to Mahira's room. Ryan sat on the bed with deep thought, cause he knew what Zack feels for Mahira. It was a love triangle for Ryan.

Brian and Haya stood in front of the empty room next to the terrace door and peeked inside from time to time. They fear that this conservation will lead to a massive war between the two.

" I just want my friend back, it's as simple as said. " Zack spoke to Mahira who was standing confused in front of him.

" No, it's not that simple as I know you. What exactly you want me to do? Spend more time with you? "

" Yes. Like before, talking and sharing our emotions and laughing at simple jokes and eating our favorite food, watching movies and dramas. I want the old us. "

" I got it. But we are not like before. After marriage, I have to equally distribute my role with each one of you. I accept that recently I couldn't give much time to you and so to Brian..." Mahira paused for a while as a question crossed her mind. She continued,

" My point is, why didn't he complain like you doing it now? Answer me? "

" I don't know about him. Maybe he has Haya now, so why would he even complain. " Mahira was getting furious knowing the other side of his friend Zack. It was their first-ever fight. Though they fought many times before for different materials, this one was for each other.

" Just answer me one question which I wanted to since you went to that mansion. " Mahira nodded. Haya and Brian looked at each other and were ready to enter the room anytime, anyone crossed. They were as alert as Mahira.

" Why did you marry Ryan? "

" What? " Mahira shouted. She never expected that question from anyone.

" Do you want me to repeat? "

" How dare you question me that? It was my choice to marry him. I was at the urge of falling for him from the friend zone we created at our first meet. " Mahira screamed, emphasizing every word.

" You also love me from the year we met. We were so close to the confession part and in another instant, you married that mafia. What was that which lacked in me that caused me the loss of you? "

" That was not 'love', Zack. It was just an attraction because we were like all time together, working and roaming and having fun. "

" But that's not what Ryan thinks after I told him about our love. "

" What did you do? "

" I told him everything. " 

" You! You can't do this. "

" Yes, I can't. It's him who asked me about this. I told him everything. "

" You know what, he never believe what you told him about our love part because I clearly told him that it was just mere attraction when I was with him in the garden of his mansion. "

" I don't care about it. What I care about is why you married him? "

" Because he understands me so well that just a change in my expression indicates him what I am thinking of. He knows my needs very well. And the most important of all those points is that I LOVE HIM. "

Mahira just shouted at the end and left for her room. Haya and Brian quickly hid inside the room next to the terrace and after Mahira was inside her room, they came out to talk to Zack. 

When Mahira entered the room, she found Ryan sitting on the bed and looked at her the moment he heard the noise of the closing door. Ryan stood up immediately he saw her crying. He walked a little and pulled her into a warm hug. She kept on crying and he kept on consoling her.

" No more crying. Come on. " Ryan said as he kissed the top of her head.

" I can't believe... He asked me why I married you. How dare he? He is freaking jealous of you. " Mahira said, wiping the tears with the back of her hand.

" Calm down now. It's okay. Now just relax your mind. " Ryan suggested as he hugged her once again.

" I love this calm Ryan. " Mahira whispered while smiling widely.

" Is it so? " Ryan asked. They were still standing close, but not that close as their nose was not touching.

" Yes. "

" What about that Ryan who has a good sense of humor? "

" I love him too. "

" Action Ryan? "

" Same. "

" Romantic Ryan? "

" What? " Mahira just eyed him and wanted to leave but instead he made her move close to him with his hands on her waist. 

" Ryan! " Mahira gasped at the closeness.

" Do you know, that tomorrow is the last day of my leave? I have to be back in the mansion and that office routine again. "

" What? " Mahira screamed. Immediately, Ryan closed her mouth with his hand which made Mahira look at him, specifically, his eyes.

" Yes. And do you know how much I will miss you? "

" Yes. I know. " Mahira replied with just a smile and so Ryan pulled her closer.

" I love you! " Ryan whispered and their lips touched a little. 

" I love you too! " Mahira replied as she looked into Ryan's eyes and she felt butterflies in her stomach dancing as Ryan moved closer to mark their first kiss. Mahira was surprised, but closed her eyes and feel the love.

" Come, its the last night for us together. " Ryan said as he carried her to bed and opened his arms as an invite for Mahira to cuddle him. 

" Good night, My Love! " Ryan whispered, kissing the top of her head.

" Good night. " Mahira murmured as she kissed his heart. 

to be continued