Emeralds

(Aph's p.o.v)

Zane and I were walking down a path in the woods. Just talking about everything.

Aph: yeah... We found out something about Amethyst...
Z: which is?

I stop.

Aph: she has... Cancer....

I could tell Zane was shocked. I could tell he was worried.

Aph: but it's small at the moment. It's not spreading. It's harmful- but it's not doing anything.
Z: Aphmau, Im so sorry.
Aph: it hurts- you know?
Z: ...
Aph: tho she didn't come from us. She was our first daughter. She was our first kid to show us what Family was. And if we lose her... Will be... Broken...
Z: Aphmau...
Aph: we haven't told her yet either. The doctors said we had to wait. She needs to rest from the black out she had for 8 hours.
Z: 8 hours?
Aph: yes. It hurts seeing her like this.
Z: ... If this comes off as rude than I'm sorry in advance.
Aph: huh?
Z: Aphmau, think about all the pain you went/ are going through! Think about your children. They had to visit you in the hospital. They had probably wonder if you were ever going to die. You'll understand what they went through with Amethyst. You'll understand what WE all went through. Seeing you damaged. Broken.

Broken...

Aph: I-
Z: I'm sorry if I came off strong. I just-
Aph: No... Thank you Zane. Really.
Z: oh.
Aph: I-
Z: what?
Aph: do u see that?

Zane looks where Aph is pointing.

Z: Are those Emeralds?
Aph: yeah

Aphmau and Zane head into the cave. She looks at the Emeralds.

Aph: oh
Z: why haven't we seen this before?
Aph: I don't know.
Z: this is insane. Where these always here?

Aphmau looks at them more...

Aph: no...
Z: What?
Aph: They were planted here. ... ITS A TRAP!

Immediately a gate falls down in front of the cave. Zane runs over to it and slams against it.

Z: WHAT DO WE DO?
Aph: Stand back..

Zane steps aside. Aphmau blast a hole through the gate.

Aph: Grab an emerald.

Zane grabs an emerald. They get out of the cave and run.

A few mins after running they get back to the street.

Z: what in the name of Irene was that??
Aph: I- I don't know.. do you still have 1 emerald?
Z: yeah- here.

Zane hands her the emerald.

Aph: thanks.
Z: no problem..
Aph: ...
Z: something wrong?
Aph: these are magic emeralds...
Z: that means?
Aph: they were meant for some type of magic. Someone was or is going to use these.
Z: good or evil?
Aph: I don't know. But that cave was a trap. It must have been.
Z: so- what your telling me some person is out there planting magic emeralds???
Aph: yes.. and when you asked for good or evil... I'm guessing evil. Why would they set a trap?
Z: ...
Aph: will let everyone know. this can't go under the rug. This person doing something like this could danger them.
Z: right.

Aphmau and Zane walk home into their houses....

Yay!! Writing mood is back!! Welp I hope you guys enjoyed this part. If you couldn't tell by the title, yes it's Emerald Secret, so get ready for a ride if emotions!!! (Next part going to be called; Emerald Necklace). (Pages; 6) (words: 557)