Part 3

KHUSHI

I was left with my eyes wide open in surprise, I couldn't believe that my starting salary could be that much considering I knew nothing about this job, maybe it was luck, maybe it was God trying to help me and although I knew I dint deserve this, I was going to work hard and convince myself that I deserved this amount for the work I did.

I looked at Arnav as he headed upstairs again, I liked his attitude, he was always on point, didn't beat around the bush neither did he have random talks, he was strictly professional, something that I liked.

I stared at the list he had handed me, it was a long list of all the duties I had to perform and merely looking at them was already making me tired I wondered I was going to be able to manage it.

"You girl, what's our schedule for today?" Rahat asked as he descended that staircase just after Arnav headed up.

"Sorry sir, but I just joined a few minutes ago so I have no idea." I replied, he looked at me like he wanted to murder me, I get it he disliked me and he even challenged me yesterday that I wouldn't last in this job so I knew he was going to make things harder for me, but I was Khushi Gupta, I had to show him I could do anything and everything.

"Then get the damn schedule, that's your job. Once you get the schedule, go get the clothes I'm supposed to wear for whatever event we have today, and the fitting better be perfect." He rolled his eyes and walked away, where the hell was I supposed to get the schedule from? And how was I to get the clothes from a designer I dint know about, he dint even tell me who the designer was?

It looked like this was really going to be my first and last day of working with the Raizada boys. Having no idea what to do, I had no other option than to ask for help, asking Rahat for help was like inviting a world war so I decided I better ask Arnav.

I asked a servant about Arnav's room and he directed me so I headed upstairs and looked for his room, once I found it I knocked at the door and waited until he told me to go inside.

As I walked in, I found him seated on the couch with headphones around his ears, he pulled them off and looked at me.

"Sir, where am I supposed to get your schedule from? Mr. Rahat wants to know the schedule and he also told me to get his clothes from a designer but he dint give me details, what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"There's nothing we're doing today apart from an event in the evening, he's just trying to mess up with you, and about the schedule I'll give it to you until everyone knows you are our manager then they will contact you directly and you'll be the one having it, about the clothes, I talked to the designer already, he will get them dropped here before evening, you can meet him then because we only wear clothes designed by him so you'll be coordinating with him." He replied.

"Okay sir, but what am I supposed to do right now?"

"Just relax, it's your first day so you have the chance to sit down, once you get busy you'll have no time to sit." He smiled.

"Okay sir." I nodded as I turned around to walk away.

"Miss." He called me out so I stopped and turned back to him.

"I'm sorry I forgot your name, but I forgot to inform you, we have a concert in Mauritius, day after tomorrow so we leave tomorrow evening, I hope you have a passport, can you give it to me so I can make arrangements for you to go along?"

"Sure sir, and my name is Khushi." I smiled.

"Khushi." He nodded as I walked away, wow I had just started working and now I had to travel with them too, holy hell, this sounded so scary I felt like running away.