Part 10

KHUSHI

The surprising thing about the guests at Arnav's party was that they were all his fans, there were no high class people or anyone they knew, apparently Rahat had arranged a competition and the fans that won were here to meet Arnav and celebrate his birthday with him, it was such a beautiful gesture, and unbelievable knowing it came from Rahat.

We all sang the birthday song as Arnav cut then cake and then he sat with his fans talking to them, clicking pictures with them and all, it was beautiful actually.

I stood in a corner as I saw Arnav interacting with the fans happily, it was a beautiful sight, it was like with each and every passing day I got to see a different side of his.

"So, not bad huh, we actually got along today." Rahat said as he stood beside me.

"I wonder how I dint want to kill you." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on Khushi, how long are we going to fight and hate each other, maybe we could just be friends." Rahat said.

I turned to look at him in surprise, not even surprise, I was shocked, the proposal for a friendship, that too from Rahat's side wasn't something I ever expected.

"Is this some plan of yours?" I asked as I folded my arms and looked at him seriously, it was difficult to trust this guy.

I mean just few days back he hated me so much that he dint even want to see my face and today he was asking me for friendship, it was definitely for some reason, he had something going on in his mind, I was sure as hell.

"Why do you always think that everything I do is some sort of a plan?"

"Because that's you Rahat, remember you hate me, and all you ever want with girls is to flirt around with them and hook up with them, so you asking me for friendship is a bit weird don't you think so?"

He sighed as he put both his hands in his pocket and looked towards Arnav.

"As you wish, I'm not always this nice, but anyway your loss if you don't want to be friends with me, girls die for the opportunity." He smirked as he walked away from him.

Well, I was confused, did he really want to be friends or was there something going on in his mind, if there was something he was planning then he wouldn't just leave like that, he would have tried to convince me, or maybe that was also his plan to act like this to confused me.

God! Why was it so difficult to understand this man?

After a while everyone left so the three of us were left in the room, Rahat excused himself as he went to make the payments for the arrangement leaving Arnav and I alone.

"So you helped Rahat in this?" Arnav asked.

"Not much, I just helped him by keeping the truth from you, and sorry I dint even wish you yet, happy birthday." I smiled at him.

"Thank you."

"He loves you a lot doesn't he? I mean I wouldn't think my brother would ever do anything for me on my birthday, not that we don't love each other but..."

"You have no idea about Rahat's love towards me, he is always ready to do anything for me. He is always doing things to make me happy, he is the kind of a brother everyone would want. I too love him similarly, even though he is really spoilt but I would do anything for my brother's happiness." Arnav smiled.

It was beautiful, I liked how much they both loved each other and were so inseparable, such bonds were rare to see especially in today's world where one brother was ready to kill another one for property and money, this two were ready to do anything to make each other happy.

"Anyway, I think we should get going, I'm so tired I might end up sleeping here." Arnav giggled as he stood up, I nodded as I followed him outside to the car where Rahat joined us in a while, we all got inside as the driver drove us home.

On our way home, Arnav fell asleep in the car and Rahat was busy chatting with someone on the phone while I looked outside through the window, it was a silent ride and gladly Rahat wasn't irritating me as usual.

Once we arrived home, Rahat as I stepped out, Arnav was yet asleep.

"Wake up bro and take him inside, I'm leaving." Rahat ordered.

"Where are you going at this time?" I asked.

"Stop acting like my mother, it's none of your business and now that you've already asked, I have a date." He smirked.

"What kind of a date past midnight?" I raised my eyebrow.

"That is none of your business, aren't you becoming too nosey?" He said as he walked away? He wasn't even taking the car so how was he going to go wherever he was going? Why did I even care anyway?

I bent down and looked at Arnav who looked like a baby while he was asleep, he just had some kind of cute expression on his face, I put my hand on his shoulder and shook him a bit.

"Sir, we're home. You can go and sleep in your room." I said, he opened his eyes slightly and looked at me before stepping out of the car, I held him because he was still sleepy and helped him inside, I led him to his room and tucked him on bed and then headed to my room to sleep.

*****

I was woken up by a knock at the door of my room, I rubbed my eyes and lazily got out of bed as I headed to open the door.

Rahat was standing there, when did he even come back and why was he here waking me up, he looked at me and dint say anything for a while.

"Damn, I've never met a girl that looks hot even when she's just woken up." Rahat smirked.

"Uhh, thank for the compliment, now may I know why you are here?" I asked.

"This attitude of yours fades the beauty away." He rolled his eyes, was he here to irritate me early in the morning? I really wanted to punch him on the face.

"Anyway I came to wake you up because we're going out, we leave in half an hour, if you aren't ready I'll leave you here, you can stay in this house all alone until evening." He smirked.

"Idiot." I rolled my eyes almost shutting the door on his face.

"That's not how you talk to your boss, I'll have to complain to bro that now you've started abusing me." He warned.

"Such a baby Rahat, grow up, we aren't in school anymore."

"I like it better when I'm the one to address girls as baby." He winked and smirked, I shut the door on his face and headed to the bathroom to take a shower, why was this guy so irritating?

*****

I walked out once I was ready and found Arnav and Rahat seated in the hall discussing something, once they noticed me Arnav stood up and looked at me strictly scaring me.

"What is this behavior Khushi, do I have to teach you how to behave with your boss? I know we did get along well but you just can't act like that with my brother." Arnav said.

"But sir, he was irritating me." I said as I looked at Rahat like I wanted to kill him, he smirked at me, idiot. Why was he acting like a baby?

"I don't want to know what he was doing Khushi, this is your job and you have to respect the people that pay you your salary. I won't tolerate any misbehavior next time."

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again." I apologized.

Arnav started laughing out of nowhere as both Rahat and I looked at him in surprise, he was so serious just a minute ago and now he was laughing like nothing had happened.

"This was my get back to you for that sand fight at the beach." He laughed, at least now I knew he wasn't serious, he was very scary when he was serious.

"Seriously bro, I thought you were defending me."

"Rahat honestly you deserve that, now let's get going." Arnav said as he walked outside, I smirked at Rahat and followed Arnav. This two brothers were like an adventure for me, both of them were interesting in their own ways.