Part 45

RAHAT

"Promise me you will keep that Tina away from him." Khushi looked at me seriously.

"I promise, no one is going to take your Arnav away from you." I laughed. I mean I get it she was insecure, but she knew Arnav, he hadn't ever looked at any other girl the way he looked at her, and he was never going to, not even Tina.

"Thank you. I should go now. I didn't think I would ever say this, but I guess I'm going to miss you and your stupidity. Thank you for everything Rahat." She smiled.

"Anyway I'll see you in two years." She hugged me before she turned around and walked away.

One sided love was obviously painful, but you know what was more painful than that? Loving the same girl that your brother loved, somehow it always felt wrong, even when it shouldn't. I mean it was Love and loving someone wasn't wrong.

I wasn't trying to get her or something, but this feelings wouldn't just go away, I thought I could deal with it, handle it and everything, but now as I watched her walk towards the plane with Arnav, everything inside me fell apart.

She was leaving, it meant I won't be able to see her for like two years. At least when she was working for us, I got to see her daily and that was enough.

I know it sounded bad, but it did hurt that she was leaving. I know she was with Arnav and I shouldn't be thinking of her that way, but she was the first girl I fell in love with. Yes, she was Arnav's first love but so was she mine and it wasn't easy.

A part of me wanted to follow them, go fly with them but I knew it wouldn't be the right thing to do, I had to let her go, I had to step backwards because she dint love me, she loved Arnav, she would always love him, and that really hurt.

"It's going to be okay." Arohi held my hand and smiled at me, I looked at her, this stranger.

I mean yes she was Khushi's best friend but she was always a stranger to me, but yet here she was trying to comfort me, make me feel better about this whole situation and somehow I was glad that she was here.

"Someday, you'll find someone else and fall in love again." She smiled.

"Yeah right. Rahat Raizada fell in love only once, it's never happening again. I'll just go back to flirting with random girls. Would you like me to flirt with you?" I smirked and winked at her.

"You are a jerk. I was trying to make you feel better dude, chill. I am crazy about you but no, you don't get to flirt with me." Arohi said as she flipped her hair and walked away leaving me laughing at her, why did she even get mad? I mean I was Rahat Raizada, I dint do things like falling in love, it happened once with Khushi dint mean it was going to happen again right?

Right?

"I know some girls in my school that are crazy for you, should I set you up with one?" Khushi's little brother asked.

"Dude, they are kids just like you." I looked at him in disbelief.

"I was just trying to be friends with you, now that Khushi is gone, I need a friend." He pouted.

"Oh don't worry, I will be your friend, I'll teach you how to impress girls." I smirked at him.

"Yayy. See mom, Rahat is going to be my friend." Kabir looked at his mother excitedly who was still in tears. Of course, her daughter was going away for a while, she had to be sad.

"Don't worry aunty, Arnav is going with her, he will make sure everything is fine before he comes back." I walked towards her and placed my arm around her shoulder.

"I know, it's just... she is going away, I miss her already."

"She will be back soon." I smiled at her faintly, and just then the plane took off and the three of us looked at it as it flew further and further away taking the girl we all loved away from us.

ARNAV

"You okay baby?" I asked Khushi as I held her hand into mine tightly.

"Yeah... just a little sad, I am going away from everyone I love." She said.

"I know, but like you said, we have to make some sacrifices in order to achieve something."

"You are right. I'll be fine, and thanks for coming with me, it's good to have you with me actually and also for this private jet." She giggled.

"Well of course you can't expect Arnav Singh Raizada to travel in random planes would you?" I smirked.

"Yeah right." She giggled as she held my arm and leaned on my shoulder resting her head on it.

"I am glad you are doing this for yourself. If you wouldn't, you wouldn't be the same girl I fell for and I don't want any other girl apart from that Khushi." I said to her.

The whole idea of her going away for two years was kind of painful, and I knew I was going to miss her really bad and deep down I was just as sad as her, but right now she was the one going away from everyone she loved, so I had to be strong for her.

"Promise me you wouldn't look at any other girls like you look at me." She pouted making me laugh.

"Even when you weren't in my life, I never looked at any other girl that way Khushi, what makes you think I will now. Have a little trust on me." I said.

"I do, I trust you a lot Arnav, I am just going to miss you so much and people always say long distance relationships don't work so I am scared, I don't want to lose you."

"You won't lose me, I promise." I assured her.

"You will call me daily?"

"Yes."

"Also video call me whenever you can?"

"Yes."

"Also come to visit me whenever you are free?"

"Yes Khushi. Aren't you too worried about this? When we talked about this you sounded more confident than I was and now look at you." I laughed, she was so cute.

"I know, I was confident but now that it's actually happening, I'm a bit scared."

"Don't worry baby, everything is going to be fine. Now stop overthinking it okay? Just do what you wanted to without any worries."

"Okay." She sighed.

*****

After we arrived at the airport, we took a taxi that dropped us to the place where Khushi was going to stay, she was supposed to share the room with some other girl who was going to come in a few days, so I decided to stay with her until the other girl came and just make sure she was okay.

It wasn't a really big house or anything, just a small okayish house. We put our luggage down and sat on the sofa.

"Wow, that was quite a journey." She sighed.

"I know, I think we should just sleep for now. Tomorrow we can go shopping and get you stuff you need or just go around and see places." I suggested.

"Sounds like a good idea." Khushi nodded so we both stood up and headed to the bedroom leaving the luggage lying in the hall because we were too lazy to carry it along.

"There's just one bed here, would you sleep in my roommate's room?" She asked.

"Khushi, you do know that we're dating right?" I laughed at her. I mean I know we had decided to wait until we were married but there was no harm in just sleeping on the same bed, plus the bed was big enough to fit both of us and I wanted to spend this few days just being close to her.

"Yeah, I just..."

"We can share a bed, it's no big deal. But you are cute." I laughed as I pulled her cheeks.

"It's weird. We've been dating for a while and things are still awkward." She giggled.

"I know, don't worry, we'll get used to everything. Now let's sleep, I am tired." I grabbed her hand and pulled her to bed with me. We both lied down as I placed my arm around her and in no time we fell asleep.