Part 31

ARNAV

Never in my life had I ever behaved this stupid, I mean I literally decided to follow Rahat on his date with Khushi, and I asked Tina to accompany me, I mean what was I thinking? It was very clear that Khushi wasn't into me, so I don't even know why I followed them.

I guess a part of me was just hoping that things were going to be different, but now I had to accept that Khushi and Rahat liked each other and I should be happy for the both of them, after all I loved them both.

I couldn't sleep well the whole of last night, I was just thinking about Khushi continuously and it wouldn't let me sleep.

I heard a knock at the door of my room so I sat up, Khushi walked in and looked at me in surprise.

"Wow, it's the first time I've found you sleeping till late. Looks like you were awake till late last night." She said.

"Yeah, Tina and I went for a movie after dinner." I replied.

Why was I lying to her? Rather why did I even think that she would be bothered about it? She wasn't going to get jealous, stop trying to make her jealous Arnav!

"Oh, that's great. Rahat and I spent some good time together too." She said.

"Really, what special did you do?" I raised by eyebrow curiously. Why was this thing hurting me so much? Why couldn't I just be happy for my brother?

"We had dinner and then he kind of indirectly proposed me. He wanted us to get engaged." She looked at me very keenly, as if expecting some sort of reaction. Was she trying to make me jealous like I was trying to make her jealous?

No why would she? She clearly seemed happy with Rahat, I was just overthinking things.

"Oh that's great, when you both finalize the date let me know, I'll personally make all the arrangements for your engagement and I'll make sure it's grand, everyone will remember it." I tried to fake a smile. If someone told me that falling in love was going to hurt this much, I would have done all it took not to fall for Khushi.

Falling in love with her was beautiful, but now everything just hurt so much. Why was it that at the end of the day, all the girls ended up choosing Rahat? Why were bad boys their favorite? Why couldn't a girl for once choose me? What was wrong in being a guy who respected women, who dint treat them like they were only deserved to be taken to bed and then forgotten about? Why didn't women like guys like me? What was so attractive about the so called bad boys?

"Yeah, I just have to tell my mom about it, she is the one supposed to finalize the date." She smiled.

"How about I talk to her on your behalf? I mean now that you and Rahat are together and he has already proposed to you, why delay? I'm sure your mother would be more than happy for you." I said.

"What?" She stood up looking surprised, or let's say shocked.

"Are you scared of me talking to your mother?" I asked.

"No... it's not that. I mean I can do it myself, you don't have to..."

"It's okay Khushi, that's the least I can do for you and my brother, I'm sure you both will be happy together."

"No, you don't need to talk to her."

"You are confusing me Khushi. I mean you were so happy telling me that Rahat proposed to you, so why are you refusing me to talk to your mom? Oh I get it, you want my parents to talk to her formally right? I know Rahat can be stupid at times, he wouldn't think of such things but don't worry, his elder brother is still alive.