Part 11

ARNAV

For today, Rahat had plans for shopping, earlier he told us we were going to do something fun, I dint know shopping was fun for him. I mean I know a lot of people liked to shop, as for me, I dint really like it much, I always sent someone to get me something in case I needed anything.

One advantage of shopping in Mauritius though was that we could roam around the streets freely with people barely recognizing us so it was better than shopping in India, where a lot of people knew us.

"It's been ages since we shopped right bro?" Rahat looked at me excitedly as we stepped out of the car and looked at the huge street in front of us that was full of shops with a lot of varieties. I nodded and looked towards Khushi who seemed in awe of this place.

"You like shopping?" I asked.

"Which girl doesn't?" She smiled, she looked just as excited as Rahat was, so we started, we walked around, went from one shop to the other looking at a lot of stuff, as for Rahat he kept on buying really random stuff, things that he dint even need and his excuse was, that he would gift them to his girlfriends, oh yes the one that he changed like clothes.

Next we stopped at a shoes shop, Rahat got busy in finding a good pair of shoes for the both of us while Khushi and I stood in a corner waiting for him to actually find something.

"You haven't bought anything so far, dint you find anything you like?" I asked.

"No, I loved a lot of stuff, but I don't really need them and I only buy things that I really need." She smiled.

"Bro, come try this out." Rahat called me, I looked towards him and he was holding a pair of shoes in his hand, I nodded as I looked back at Khushi.

"You can go roam in that shop, maybe you can find some good clothes, meanwhile Rahat and I will buy some shoes and join you." I said to Khushi as I pointed towards the shop that was opposite the shop we were in at the moment.

She nodded positively as she headed out while I walked towards Rahat, he had actually managed to find some good shoes.

I tried a few pairs from the ones he had selected and at the end we both ended up buying two pair each and the same, we had quite a similar choice.

Once we paid, we headed out of the shop, Rahat spotted a watch shop and rushed there while I headed to the opposite shop to find Khushi.

I walked inside and found her holding a dress while she stood in front of the mirror, there was a huge smile on her face which clearly stated how much she liked that dress, she checked a few more but dint seem impressed. I stood in a corner just looking at her and she had no idea I was there.

She placed all the other dressed back, but kept on holding the one that she had liked in the beginning, she checked the price tag and frowned as she returned the dress and then turned towards the door when she saw me, she smiled and walked towards me.

"Dint find anything interesting?" I asked.

"No, nothing that good." She smiled as she walked out of the shop.

"Rahat is in that shop, go join him, I just saw a good shirt, I'll check it out and join you." I smiled at her, she nodded as she headed towards the shop while I headed to get the dress for her.

I was born in a rich family so as for me, I hadn't ever even looked at the price tag of anything, if I liked anything, I'd just buy it without caring how much it cost, but now I was realizing not everyone had a luxurious life like mine, at least I could always get myself whatever I liked, some people out there couldn't even get food to survive, and that kind of made me sad.