Part 44

KHUSHI

I was seated absent mindedly in Arnav's room, just staring at the computer screen, everything had been going on so well between us for the past couple months.

We were so much in love with each other, we went for beautiful dates, we did a lot of things together, even had arguments just like every other couple but in the end it always made love each other more, that is why this was going to be difficult for me.

The time had come, for me to quit this job just like I had planned for it since the beginning and now that I had made the decision, I was scared to tell Arnav about it. I dint know how he was going to react.

I mean since our first date together, which I would never forget, I mean it was so perfect, it was the best date he could have planned for me. Anyway since then he had become so attached to me, before it was just a professional relation and then feelings came in between and right now we were at a point where we knew staying away from each other was going to be much difficult.

At least we got to see each other daily because I was working here, but if I stopped, I would get busy with my studies and we would rarely meet too. I had always thought I would do my further studies just here in Mumbai, that was because I knew I could never afford to go abroad.

But I had been working here for so long now, my salary was raised after three months and doubles so I had saved quite a lot of money which could pay my fees, and also my brother's. and if I was ever going to have a problem, I could always take a loan from Arnav and pay him back once I started earning. I had always wanted to become a chartered accountant and it was only a two year course in Canada, which was the place I could think of studying and finishing soon, if I did it here, it was going to take much longer.

I know what that meant, it meant a long distance relationship, which meant I would get to see him on holidays only, of course we would video call and all that but it still sounded pretty crazy.

I mean not that the long distance relationships not working out worried me, I knew Arnav and I would work, we both spent much of our time on dates and just talking, we dint really get into a physical relationship.

Not that we dint want to, it was just that we both thought it was better to wait until we were married. I know sounds strange because of the stereotypes we have about celebrities, but Arnav had always waited to find true love and when he did, he dint want to rush into things, neither did I.

So we decided to wait until we were married, so this long distance wasn't really going to change much, but I was still kind of nervous to talk to him about it.

"Babe!" Arnav waved his hand in front of my face bring me out of the trance.

"Yeah, sorry I was thinking."

"I realized, I called you out like three times." He smiled as he sat down opposite me and smiled at me, I just smiled back awkwardly, this was the time to tell him but I dint even know how to begin.

"So... What were you thinking so deeply about?" He asked.

"Nothing... Just future. I still have to get back to my studies. So... I was..."

"Why do you look so nervous Khushi, it's not like I'm going to stop you from doing what you want, and since when did you start being nervous in front of your boyfriend?" He asked.

"It's just big. It scares me too so..."

"I can handle it. Tell me, what have you decided." He held my hand into his and pressed it slight and he smiled at me assuring me he was going to be okay.

"I was just thinking... it's time for me to finally quit this job. I mean the only reason I took it was that I could earn enough to make sure my family was stable and then continue my studies, and thanks to the salary you paid me, I got there quickly." I smiled.