Part 14

KHUSHI

I woke up pretty late the next morning, I had spent half my night out on dinner with Arnav, and we came back home late.

By the time I woke up, he had already left and currently I was the only one in the house, Rahat too seemed to have gone somewhere, well that was good for me, at least he wasn't here to irritate me.

I took a quick shower then grabbed a book and headed to sit in the hall, there wasn't much I could do here, I dint even know places that I could go roam around on my own so I decided it was better to just sit here and read.

A while later, Rahat walked in with some bags in his hands, I pretended to be so engrossed in the book so I wouldn't have to talk to him, he passed by me without saying a word which was quite surprising.

He placed the bags on the table and then turned to look at me.

"Come, let's have breakfast." He said as he started getting the food out of the bag, I stood up and looked at him in surprise, he had gone out to get us breakfast? Well that was weird. Maybe he was hungry and he went to get breakfast for himself and brought some for me too.

But he could have just eaten outside then.

Okay Khushi, stop overthinking. I placed my book aside and walked towards him, I pulled out a chair and settled down. There were so many tins with Indian food actually.

"Where did you get this in Mauritius?" I asked.

"I know places, this is like my second home duh." He rolled his eyes at me, I just nodded and waited for him to start eating.

"You can eat, I dint poison the food if that's what you think I've done." He said rudely. God, what was wrong with this guy?

"You know we can't ever be friends if you keep behaving like this? Rude for no reason, acting like you despise me and so on. You might be a bad boy to the world and that might impress a lot of girls but I'm sorry I don't really like bad boys." I sighed.

"You are so impossible, I was trying to be good to you, you were the one that kept on being rude."

"Yeah, because I couldn't trust you. What if all this is just some plan for revenge or something?" I asked.

"Well, keep thinking that then." He stood up angrily, looked at me for a moment trying to say something but then just decided to walk away.

"Rahat Stop!" I shouted, he stopped walking and turned to look at me.

"What?" he asked.

"Let's have breakfast, we can start by trying to be just normal with each other." I suggested, he nodded immediately and walked back, pulled out a chair and settled down.

"You see, I told you girls can't resist me." He smirked.

"Jeez, get over yourself already." I laughed as we both started eating, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, he wasn't as terrible as he looked like in the beginning.

*****

After we were done with breakfast, Rahat suggested we go shopping, I dint really want to because I knew we would just go expensive places and I couldn't even buy a thing from there, and obviously Rahat wouldn't shop from cheap places.

Anyway, he had his ways of making me agree to go so I had to, I got ready and headed out where he was waiting for me. We got into the car and today he drove us, I sat silently beside him in the car, it was kind of awkward.

After a short drive, he parked the car and stepped out so I followed him.

"We have to cross the road, be careful." He said, I nodded as I followed him, we crossed the road and then walked a bit further, there was a market with so many small shops, but from the display there were so many beautiful things.

"You will shop from here? I thought you only wore branded stuff?" I looked at him in surprise, this place obviously dint look like it had branded stuff, maybe knock offs.

"No, I brought you here so you could shop." He said, I looked at him in surprise, wow, I dint know Rahat Raizada could be so considerate.

"What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just thought we would go to those high class places where I couldn't afford things so I dint carry much money for shopping." I explained.

"It's okay, you can borrow from me, you can return when we get back home or I can cut it off from your salary." He said, I nodded as we headed inside the shops.

There were so many beautiful things I could buy for mom, Kabir and myself too, I was so excited and I was sure I was going to take forever here.

Surprisingly, Rahat was rather patient, even though he had nothing to buy he came along with me patiently, gave me opinions and stuff, it was like today I was seeing a completely different side of his.

While shopping my phone rang, I looked at it and saw Arnav's name flashing on it so I excused myself and headed out to receive calls.

"Hello sir."

"Hey Khushi, I just called to check on you, I hope you are okay and I hope Rahat isn't irritating you much." Arnav said.

"No sir, I am fine you don't have to worry about me."

"I have to worry about you, I promised I would keep you safe so I have to make sure you are okay. Anyway I'm glad you are fine, I would get back to my work, take care."

"You too sir." I smiled as I disconnected the call.

I liked that he was so down to earth, I mean who would even call to check on their employees like this? Arnav was just such a great man. Like he could literally just go on his trip without worrying about me, but he got time and called to check if I was okay and that meant so much to me.

"Everything okay?" Rahat asked once I walked inside the shop, I nodded as I continued with my shopping.

*****

We arrived home in the evening, after shopping Rahat took me to some restaurant for lunch then we just drove through the city as he showed me random places and then we finally came back home.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting I would spend such a great day with him, but I was surprised, he hadn't irritated me at all today and he was so nice to me.

"You still have the bills with you right?" I asked as we stepped out of the car and I started grabbing the shopping bags, he nodded as he came to help me with the bags.

"Okay, you can cut off that amount from my salary then." I smiled, he nodded as we both walked back inside the house.

I did have enough money with me to pay him back immediately, but most of the things I had bought were for Kabir and mom, and I thought it would be good if I bought them with my first salary.

We both sat on the sofa tired from the shopping and roaming, Rahat got busy texting someone on his phone and I just sat there taking in some deep breaths and relaxing myself.

"So where would you like to go for dinner?" he asked suddenly.

"How about we just cook here? Since we came I've just been eating out, it's kind of boring." I said.

"I don't know how to cook and I don't know if we can manage to get a chef now."

"I know how to cook, we can just go buy some groceries in a while then I can cook and maybe you can help me in the kitchen?" I suggested.

"Everything is okay but Rahat Raizada doesn't help in the kitchen." He rolled his eyes.

"So you mean you wouldn't help your wife in cooking?" I asked.

"Darling, I have servants, why would I make my wife cook? Plus I'm not getting married ever so I don't have to worry about that either."

"Why not?"

"Duh. I don't think I can stay with one woman for the rest of my life."

"And I was just starting to thing you are good." I rolled my eyes as I stood up and headed to my room to freshen up.