Part 13

ARNAV

It was strange that I couldn't stop staring at her, I don't know why actually, it wasn't that I hadn't seen a beautiful girl before, I had met lots of beautiful girls, Tina too was one such gorgeous girl but I had never stared at any of them like this.

There was something attractive about Khushi I think, something that made my eyes glued to her, maybe it was because I was starting to know her and I liked her, how she was personally, how she behaved, how confident she was, and just everything about her was quite impressive.

She was looking around, admiring the interiors of the hotel we were seated in, there was a tiny but beautiful smile curved up on her face.

I don't know why suddenly I was noticing every little detail about her, I had never done this before, I wasn't the kind of a person to look so much into details, but with her, I was doing otherwise.

"It's so beautiful." She smiled as she turned to look at me, I tried not to make it obvious that I had been staring at her all this while.

"Yeah it is, anyway what would you like to eat?" I asked as I picked up the menu, I dint want to do this, stare at her like this, it was weird.

"Anything, why don't you order whatever that you like? I'm sure I'll like it too?" She smiled at me once again, she really had a beautiful smile.

Okay Arnav, stop thinking that. Since when did you start looking at girls that way?

I called the waiter and ordered for food as we both waited, I dint want to look at my phone because it would be rude and I dint want to look at her either, she looked so beautiful tonight and it was doing so much to me than I could explain.

Why wasn't there anything else to do?

I looked at the other tables that were around us, there were a few people around and a couple dancing to some music in between.

I was busy watching them dance when my phone rang, so I excused myself and walked aside to receive the call, it was from mom and I never ignored her calls.

"Hi mom." I said as I received the call.

"How are you doing Arnav? And how is your spoilt little brother doing?" mom asked.

"He's good, he is at home resting, I just came for dinner at some hotel."

"Are you sure he's at home resting?"

"Yes mom, tell me why you called, are you and dad back home?" I asked diverting the topic, mom clearly wasn't a fan of Rahat's lifestyle, she had lectured him about it so many times but Rahat wasn't the one to listen.

"We have our flight tomorrow, and I called you because I had some important work for you. Actually there are some documents your dad was supposed to sign, he was to travel next week there and sign them personally but whoever this people he was dealing with changed the plans suddenly.

So they have to be signed by tomorrow evening at least so your father figured, that now that you are there you can sign them on his behalf, it would be fine, as long as the deal is sealed, it doesn't matter who sealed it." She said.

"Okay, so why didn't he call me for it himself?" I wondered, I mean it wasn't like I had a terrible relationship with dad or something that he would tell mom to call me for something like this. We were a happy family, no one had issues with anyone.

"He's got the flu so his voice is gone, he's seated right here beside me." Mom explained.

"Oh okay, anyway I'll go sign them, just email me all the details, I'll check it once I arrive home."

"Okay, and make sure you leave early tomorrow morning, it's quite a long journey, you would take half a day for travelling at least."

"Okay, don't worry mom I'll manage."

"Okay Arnav, I'll talk to you later, enjoy your dinner and if possible find me a daughter in law from Mauritius because you don't seem to be liking anyone in India." She giggled.

"Mom." I pouted.

"Okay go eat, I'll talk to you later." She laughed as she disconnected the call as I headed back to Khushi, our food was already on the table by the time I was done with the phone call.

"Is everything okay?" Khushi asked as I settled down.

"Yeah, it was mom, I have to travel somewhere tomorrow." I said.

"Oh, so do I have to come along?"

"Not really, it's a long journey and there's no work for you, you can stay behind, I'll be back in a day." I smiled.

She nodded as she served herself some food and started eating, I did the same too but I couldn't really concentrate on the food.

I just couldn't believe someone could manage to make me behave like this, I don't know what she was doing, but something was definitely happening to me.

"Holy Shit!" She looked up from her plate looking shocked.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Is Rahat staying back too? Don't tell me I have to spend the rest of tomorrow with him." she said almost making me laugh, seriously this two were kids at times.

"Don't worry Khushi, I'm sure he would be out flirting with random girls, he won't disturb you much." I assured her.

"You don't know your brother sir." She giggled.

"It's Arnav for you." I said, she looked at me in surprise for a moment but then smiled and continued eating.

For desert, she got herself some ice cream and as for me I dint want anything so I just sat there watching her eat her ice cream so excitedly like and little baby, it was cute how she was so excited just for an ice cream.

After we were done, we headed to the parking lot and got into the car, I dint want to go home yet, I don't know why spending time with her was making me happy, I guess it was because I never did this before. I mean I rarely had any friends, yeah I know you would wonder how a celebrity like me dint have friends.

I had Tina thought and Rahat too, but Rahat was always busy with the girls and Tina and I rarely met, so I hadn't done simple things like this before, go out for dinner with someone, talk about random stuff and all, it felt nice.

I drove for a while, the roads were mostly empty so I parked the car in one empty place and stepped out, Khushi looked at me in confusion for a moment but then followed me out.

"What happened?" She asked as she stood beside me, we both leaned against the bonnet of the car.

"Nothing, I just dint want to go home yet and the weather is beautiful too, so I thought I'd sit out here for a while, I hope you don't mind." I looked at her hoping she wouldn't get angry, it was quite difficult to know how she was going to behave about certain situations.

"Are you kidding? I love stuff like this." She smiled happily and then the both of us just stood there silently.

I had this strange urge of wanting to talk to her, I dint like this silence, I just wanted to say something to her, I wanted her to say something and I would listen to her but she wasn't saying anything.

"Can you sing a song for me?" He suddenly looked at me, she looked nervous and excited at the same time.

"How can I sing a song so randomly?" I laughed.

"Because you can, come on even just a little bit?"

"Right now I can't even remember any song, maybe while I'm travelling tomorrow, I'll write one and sing it to you when I'm back, deal?"

"Deal. I feel so lucky now, the famous singer Arnav would write a song and sign it for me." She giggled excitedly.

"But I thought you said you dint like our music?" I looked at her seriously trying to scare her.

"No, I said I liked it, I just wasn't crazy about it. You can no more scare me, I've found out that you aren't as scary and serious as you pretend to be." She smirked proudly as if she had made a huge achievement. Oh God! She was so cute.