Part 37

KHUSHI

I looked beautiful.

I couldn't stop staring at my reflection in the mirror and admiring myself, how my hair was put up, how flawless my makeup was or how beautiful my mint green engagement gown was.

"I still remember the day we saw the ad and I forced you to go to the interview." Arohi smiled at me.

How could I forget that day? It was the first time I met Arnav and I liked the kind of a person he was, I also remember hating Rahat, now look, here I was, all ready to get engaged to Rahat.

"I mean I can't believe you are actually getting engaged, I mean wow!" Arohi looked at me excitedly, trust me when I say this, I did want to be happy about this engagement, I did want to be excited but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't be.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and although I liked how I looked, I dint like the person I had become, this wasn't me, I would never get engaged to just any guy so that I'd get rid of my feelings for some other guy.

Someone tell me again, why exactly was I doing this?

Since when did I become so stupid?

"Why are you silent Khushi? Say something, it's your engagement day today." Arohi said.

"Can I ask you a question Arohi?" I asked.

"Sure anything." She nodded.

"You are my best friend, you've known me better than anyone so answer me honestly please. Do you think this is the right decision to make? I mean I get it, Arnav doesn't feel for me, but why do I have to get engaged to Rahat when I don't feel anything for him?

I know I agreed because I thought it was going to make a difference to Arnav, maybe make him jealous but nothing like that happened, and now when today the day had come, I can't get myself to get out of this room and go get engaged to Rahat, this isn't something I would ever do."

"Actually No. You are right, I know you better and although I am the kind of a person to take decisions like this, you on the other side are completely opposite of me, so I don't think it's the right decision given your personality, but according to me it's right." She said.

"Yes, exactly that. I just don't find this right, I've tried all I could but I just can't bring myself to get engaged to Rahat, I made a big mistake and now I realize it today, what am I supposed to do?

This is not me Arohi, I don't make stupid decisions like this, I don't know why I did this but now I'm scared, I am really scared.

In a time like this, I should have just left the job, tried to avoid Arnav to stop feeling things for him, but instead I'm getting engaged to his brother.

Why dint I ever think this through? Why did I become so stupid? I hate this girl, because this isn't me." I tried really hard to control my tears.

"Khushi are you ready?" Mom asked as she walked inside my room, I quickly blinked off my tears.

"Oh My God! You look so pretty." She looked at me in awe, she walked towards me and kissed me on the forehead with a huge smile on my face.

"Okay enough of the emotional time, we're late we need to leave, come on." Mom grabbed my hand and pulled me outside, I followed her like a lifeless person, literally.

"Wow, is this my sister?" I heard Kabir comment.

"Yes you idiot, you don't notice but I am beautiful." I said.

"No wonder you managed to trap such a famous musician." He giggled as he followed us to the car that Rahat had sent to pick us up.

Once we arrived at the Raizada mansion, my heart started beating so rapidly, I was scared as hell, this wasn't what I wanted to do, yet I don't know why I was doing it.