Part 20

KHUSHI

I don't know how I had put myself in this situation but right now, Rahat was in my house, seated with me and my family on the dining table eating dinner with us, I mean how?

Was this guy really serious about his feelings for me? I mean as far as I have read about him and known him, I always knew he was a bit proud and arrogant, he would never even enter such a middle class house let alone eating in one, so if he was doing this maybe what he was saying was genuine.

It might be or it might not be, the issue was I dint feel anything towards him, nothing at all.

"Damn he is so hot, you are so lucky Khushi." Arohi whispered.

I looked at her wondering why she thought I was lucky because Rahat liked me.

"This food is so great aunty, it's after ages I'm eating food like this, there's just something special about a mother's touch." Rahat said to mom, seriously, since when was this guy good enough?

For once I really wanted that those cliché things I had watched in movies and read in novels about how liking someone could change you into a better person was true, but I don't know I just had this gut feeling that fairytales like that dint exist.

I mean how could he really go from hating me, to liking me this much so suddenly? It just dint make any sense, I hated being this confused, at least if I could figure out if whatever he was saying was genuine or not, I'd know what to do next.

"I'm glad you like it, I worked hard to make it good for you." mom said.

"It is great, I wish I could come here and eat with you guys every day." Rahat said.

"You are most welcome." Mom smiled excitedly.

"I would, if Khushi acknowledges my feelings for her." He smirked as he turned to look at me. Why was he letting out his feelings so openly, why did he have to tell my mom about it, she was going to convince me about this and I dint want that.

"Hopefully she will." Mom said.

"Mom!" I looked at her strictly.

"It's okay Khushi, I'm in no hurry, you can take your time, however long it takes for you to believe that I really like you." Rahat said, I just ignored him and continued eating my food hoping he would leave soon.

Once dinner was done, mom and Arohi got busy cleaning as they forced me to escort Rahat outside because he was leaving, I walked with him out of the house, and he wouldn't just stop staring at me.

"Stop looking at me like that, it's creepy." I shrugged.

He stopped walking and turned to face me, he looked at me for a while silently, then grabbed me by the shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"Tell me what I should do so you can believe I genuinely like you Khushi? I mean why is it so difficult to believe that I can like you? Look at me Khushi, do I look like the same Rahat you met at the interview? Since we went to Mauritius and I spent time with you, my thoughts changed, I never thought I'd ever even want to get married but you make me want to get married and spend the rest of my life with you, because that's how much I like you.

So tell me what I should do to make you believe that I am serious, that this isn't some game I'm playing, because honestly your ignorance about my feelings is hurting me as hell. So help me here Khushi." Rahat looked at me seriously.

"I am not stupid Rahat, you say you want to marry me and you think I'll believe you like me, I am too smart to believe that nonsense." I said angrily, I don't know why but despite everything, whatever he said and did, dint just feel genuine.