Part 57

ARNAV

It was finally the day. Khushi and I were getting married today, I couldn't even believe it was real, I couldn't believe it was happening, it looked like a dream. I was going to be a married man from today onwards, I was going to be a husband, it was a big responsibility but I think I was ready for it.

The door to my room opened up and Rahat walked in with my clothes, he put them on the bed and sat down beside me.

"So ready to get married?" He asked.

"I think so." I laughed nervously. I mean obviously getting married to Khushi was the best thing I could do, but it was kind of making me nervous too.

"Don't worry, she's going to be way more nervous and scared about this while thing than you are, in the end it all just has a way of working out. Now get dressed quickly, I need to finish up some arrangements and then I'll come back to get you." He said as he stood up ready to leave.

All this time I had been so busy in everything about the wedding, I dint pay much attention to Rahat, I know deep down he still had feelings for Khushi and this was going to be somehow difficult for him.

"Rahat. Are you okay?" I asked. He stopped walking and turned to look at me with a smile plastered on his face, I knew it was a fake smile though.

"Yeah, don't worry about me, just concentrate on your big day okay." He smiled as he walked away, I sighed as I grabbed my sherwani and decided to get ready. I knew with time he was going to be okay.

I couldn't wait to see Khushi, all dressed up as a bride in her beautiful red outfit, with all the jewelries, make up and stuff. I could just imagine how gorgeous she was going to look in her bridal avatar, it was all so exciting.

I put on my shoes, adjusted my clothes and made sure my hair was perfect although it wasn't going to be seen as I was going to put on a a turban on my head that matched my clothes so yeah.

As Rahat said, he was back after a while to get me, he said everyone was ready and the priest said that we should begin with the ceremony, my heart had already started beating really fast.

"Do I look okay?" I asked him nervously.

"You look perfect bro, I'm sure Khushi is going to stare." He smiled at me, I nodded as I walked out with him, we both walked beside each other silently, every few moments we would look at each other and smiled.

As we reached out to the garden where the altar was set up, I felt more nervous than I already was, there were so many guests and everyone had their eyes on me as I walked towards it, there werwe a few journalists already taking pictures of us.

We reached the altar and stopped there, Khushi wasn't around yet, so we waited for her to come. I swear I couldn't wait anymore to see her, come already Khushi!

The priest called out for her a few moments later and I saw Arohi rush to get her, I kept on staring towards the direction she had gone, because any minute now, I was going to lay eyes on my bride. Oh My God. How exciting that just sounded.

I inhaled a deep breath trying to calm myself down and just then I saw her, my eyes opened up widely immediately as she walked towards me slowly accompanied by her mom and her brother and Arohi, she looked gorgeous.

She was dressed in the wedding lehenga that was a mix of red and maroon, like it wasn't a red and neither a maroon just the color in between but it was gorgeous, there was a lot of detail on it. She had a veil pinned to one of her shoulders and tucked on her waist and there was another one that covered her head.

She looked so freaking gorgeous it was even hard to describe in words, everything about her was so perfect and so on point, from her outfit to her jewelry to her make up, she was the prettiest bride ever.