Part 53

ARNAV

Weddings are usually tough to plan, especially a destination wedding, planning a wedding in Canada is much harder than planning a wedding in India, also it was way tougher for me as I had to do it all on my own and make sure it was perfect for Khushi.

She wanted us to get married after she was done studying so it wouldn't interfere with it, and because I proposed before that happened, I just wanted to make sure it actually dint disturb her studies.

I spent the entire week rushing from one place to the other just trying to make sure everything was perfect, gladly later that week, Khushi's mom came and also my parents joined us so they had helped me with quite some preparation and also Arohi had always been there.

This wedding wouldn't have been possible without her, I was so glad that she agreed to come and help so I could plan a perfect wedding for Khushi.

Today was going to be a busy day, we had planned to have the haldi ceremony in the morning and then mehndi ceremony in the afternoon. Then on Friday we had Sangeet planned so that everyone would get to rest on Saturday and be fresh on Sunday for the wedding.

"You need any help?" Rahat asked as he walked into my room, we had rented a huge mansion nearby the wedding venue after mom and dad arrived, it was easier to live in a mansion together rather than live in hotels.

"No, I think I'm good... how do I look?" I asked as I turned around to face him, I was just dressed in a white kurta set that had a yellow veil kind of thing I had to put around my neck. It was designed by one of the famous designers from India.

"You look great." Rahat smiled.

"I am nervous, there are going to be a lot of people, also the media, the pictures will be all over."

"Well what can we say, after you proposed to her publicly, it's hard to keep the media away." Rahat said.

"Yeah, I know. Anyway as long as the wedding happens without any problems. I'll video call Khushi and see if she's ready." I said as I grabbed my phone from the bed but Rahat took it from me.

"No, the guests are already here, we need to go out, also Khushi will be arriving soon with her family, you can see her then. Come on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

We headed out in the garden where I all the arrangements had been made for the ceremony, there were so many guests around already, even though we had decided to keep it really small.

Having an Indian wedding be small meant having at least two hundred people, we had so many close relatives and if you invited one and left out the other, it was going to be drama, and then it had to be my relatives and Khushi's relatives too.

"Hey there." Tina smiled as she walked towards me looking at me with a smirk on her face.

"I dint know you would come." I said to her. After the proposal and everything, Tina and I had a huge argument, I was so mad at her for all that she had done and somehow I got my revenge by proposing Khushi in front of her so she could know that no on can separate me and Khushi. Anyway after our argument, we came to terms, I dint really forgive her and also she had tainted our friendship, it would never go back to what it was, but we decided to be mature about it and not ruin it completely.

When I invited her to the wedding as a formality though, I never thought that she would attend, especially after everything, but well here she was, as long as she wasn't going to create any more problems, I dint mind having her around.

"Well I couldn't forget that we have been friends always, despite everything that happened right?" She asked, I nodded and just them mom called me so I walked towards her.