Part 26

KHUSHI

Oh My God.

Okay, so I came to the masquerade ball with Rahat, we all started dancing and suddenly the lights went off, and this guy that was my partner just decided to kiss me out of nowhere. He either knew me, or thought that I was someone else.

As soon as his lips met with mine, I wanted to push him off, I mean this was my first ever kiss, I'd never had a boyfriend or anything before, and even though I dint know when I was going to have one, I wanted my first kiss to be with him, with a guy I loved.

But here I was, letting an unknown man kiss me because it felt so heavenly. What the hell was wrong with me? Why was I letting some stranger kiss me? And why did it feel so good? But the other part of me wanted to believe that maybe whoever this guy that was kissing me, he was someone I knew.

Maybe my first kiss dint happen as I thought it was going to happen, but it sure felt the way I had imagined it to feel and I guess that was more than enough for me right now, but as much as I wanted to continue kissing this man, I needed to know who it was first and why his kiss was making me feel this way.

I pulled apart and tried to look at him but it was too dark to be able to see, could someone please turn on the generator or something.

In the dark I tried to find his hand so I could hold on to him until the lights were back and I'd see who he was, but before I could do that, he got pulled away, I just felt him move and I tried to grab him but damn this darkness.

I was frustrated beyond measure, why the hell did the electricity have to go in such a moment, how was I supposed to know who kissed me?

In the next few minutes, the electricity came back, the music was turned on once again and everyone started dancing again, I decided to walk out and try to find Rahat or Arnav, but today more than finding them both, I really wanted to find this guy that had kissed me.

Damn it, what was happening to me? How did I go from wanting to earn enough to complete my studies to kissing a stranger and trying to find him?

I always had a plan, study, become rich on your own and then find a man to love and get married to, but everything went downhill, now I was trying to find this guy who kissed me because he made me feel butterflies when he kissed me, how was that even possible?

"Hey." I heard Rahat call me out, I turned around and saw him walking towards me with a smirk on his face.

"So, how was it?" He asked.

I looked at him in confusion, don't tell me Rahat was the guy I kissed? Seriously? He was the one I shared my first kiss with? He was the one that made me feel the butterflies in my stomach? No way in hell was that possible.

Maybe I should just ask him if he was the one that kissed me or not, but if I do he might make fun of me for kissing someone so randomly.

"How was what?" I asked.

"The dance, did you enjoy?" He asked.

"Oh the dance, yeah it was good, I liked it." I smiled nervously.

"Great, you want to eat? We can eat then get out of here, I can drop you home later." Rahat suggested.

"Sure." I nodded, just then someone called him so he told me to wait there for him while he finished up with whoever that was calling him.

I looked around yet hoping that the man that kissed me maybe knew who I was and he was going to approach me and tell me about it, I really hoped he did. As I kept on looking around, my eyes fell on Arnav who was standing in a corner, he seemed to be arguing with Tina about something and then suddenly Tina walked away leaving him alone.