Part 42

KHUSHI

I sat silently beside Rahat as he drove us back home, whatever he told me regarding his bet with Tina had somehow left me really disturbed. I mean what if I had never found out that Arnav loved me? What if Arnav never loved me and I gotten engaged to Rahat then found out later that it was all a bet. It somehow did hurt, but it was okay as long as I wasn't with him and at least he had the guts to tell me the truth.

Arnav was right, Rahat had changed a lot, he wasn't the same person that I met when I came for the interview and although all the times Arnav told me that I dint believe it, but today I actually believed it.

I looked at him and wondered how he must be feeling, he lost me, he lost Tina who he thought was a friend, in fact she played such weird games with him, in this entire thing if anyone was hurt too much it was him.

Everything kind of made sense now, Tina just kept on dragging herself along with Arnav every chance she got so she could make me believe that they were together and I would step away, such a cunning girl she was.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Will you do me a favor Rahat? Drive me to Tina's place."

"Why?" He looked at me in horror.

"You don't have to be worried, I just want to have a girl to girl talk with her." I said.

"Are you sure Khushi, I mean I've already warned you and it's not like she's going to be able to do something even if she tries, just let it go."

"Please Rahat."

"Okay fine." He rolled his eyes as he took a turn and drove me to wherever she lived, I hoped I was going to find her home.

In five minutes, we were outside her house, it was a small bungalow kind of a house. I stepped out of the car and so did Rahat.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a while." I said to Rahat who nodded and leaned against the car as I headed inside, he did seem worried for me though.

Gladly I dint have to waste my time trying to find her, she was seated right in the hall staring at the screen of her phone.

"Khushi! What brings you here?" She asked as she stood up and looked at me in surprise.

"You." I replied.

"I don't understand." Such a pretender she was, if I dint know the truth, I would have believe she was a good person.

"You don't have to pretend in front of me, Rahat told me everything about the bet." I rolled my eyes, seriously I disliked her so much already.

"Oh so what, are you here to warn me to stay away from Arnav?" She asked.

"No. I am here to warn to stop playing stupid games with Rahat and Arnav, you've already lost Rahat as a friend, if you don't want the same with Arnav, you better not try anything stupid, one mistake and I'll tell him the entire truth about you then guess who he will trust, you or me?"

"Oops I'm scared." She laughed.

"You should be, you can't have him to love you because he loves me, but you sure don't want him to hate you, do you? If he finds out the truth you know he wouldn't want to see your face ever again, so it's your choice." I smirked, if she really did care about Arnav as much as she showed, then I was sure she wasn't going to take any other stupid step because that was actually going to cost her their friendship.

"Fine, I won't play any games if you promise never to tell him. He can't hate me."

"I won't tell him as long as you stay in your limits."