Part 52

KHUSHI

Since Arnav's proposal, everything went so fast, we had already picked a date and Arnav was busy preparing for our wedding, he just told me to make a list of things I wanted to do and leave the rest upon him as I continued with my studies.

After the proposal, he went back to India, talked to our parents and once everything was agreed upon, he came back a week before our wedding just so he could prepare for everything, he dint want me to stress about it because I still had my studies going on.

He brought Arohi along though, and I was so glad about it, I mean she was my best friend, she knew the kind of a wedding I wanted more than I knew. Arohi lived with me and my roommate as Arnav stayed in a hotel because he would be busy rushing with things and he didn't want me to try to help, he just wanted to do everything on his own.

The only thing I had to worry about was my wedding dress which he made kind of easier too, he hooked me up with a designer, all I had to do was give her an idea of the kind of outfit I wanted and she was going to sort out the rest.

I guess this was going to be the first wedding where the bride had to do nothing, no worries about anything, just study and then attending the wedding and get married, it was all possible because of Arnav though.

Since the proposal though, the fans had been really crazy, there were a lot of them who shipped us and said we were the perfect couple and there were some that wanted to kill me for taking their Arnav away, I just laughed at how funny it was.

I was currently seated in the room studying while Arohi paced around trying to talk to the event manager who had to handle the decoration and stuff, it was like this wedding was a surprise for me because I clearly dint even know how the decorations were supposed to be.

"You, look back at your book." She looked at me seriously.

"Duhh, it's my wedding." I rolled my eyes at her.

"So what? I took responsibility so you can study, I don't want Arnav to get mad at me for disturbing your studies." She said.

"Are you scared of Arnav?" I giggled, she just rolled her eyes as she walked towards me and sat down beside me.

"No... he's just so worried about you, he knows the wedding wasn't in your plans, you wanted to finish studying first so he wants it to be normal with you."

"I know, I am attending the classes and doing everything, but I do take breaks too, I don't have any exam coming up that I have to prepare for, I can help with a bit of preparations you know."

"Well tell that to your to be husband." She smiled.

"I wish it was easy to convince him. By the way, before I forget, I need you to do something really important for me." I looked at her seriously. Since the proposal and picking out a date, this thing had really been disturbing my mind.

"Anything."

"On the day of the wedding, I need you to pay more attention on Rahat than on me. I know you're my best friend and you'll have to do a lot but I just... I know what he feels, I have noticed how he always tries to hide his pain and the wedding is going to be a big pain for him, not in a bad way but...

I just don't want him to feel miserable when his brother is getting married, so promise me you'll stay around him, try to cheer him up and anytime you see he's sad just divert his mind or something.

Will you be able to do that?" I looked at her nervously hoping she would agree.

"I think so. I mean I've always been a fan of his and Arnav, and getting to be around him would be great, I would try my best though."

"Thank you." I was really glad she agreed to help, Rahat had done so much for me and Arnav, this is the least I could do for him.

"Okay I have to go meet Arnav and then we continue with our work, you better keep your mind in studies and don't worry about the wedding at all, it's going to be perfect." She assured me, I nodded as she stood up and rushed to get ready so she could go meet Arnav.

As for me, I was quite nervous, with every passing day the idea of getting married got kind of scarier, it was just the pre wedding jitters everyone had, and I dint even have mom around to tell me it was going to be okay.

She still had to finish a lot of stuff back in India before she could come here, but I talked to her just today morning and she told me she might come in a day or two and I was kind of excited. I hadn't seen her in months, I really missed her and Kabir.

*****

I walked to open the door when the doorbell rang, I had spent most of my day just studying and stuff, Arohi still hadn't been back since she left so I was hoping it was her, I was hungry and maybe the two of us could go out for dinner if she wasn't too tired.

When I opened the door, I was met with both Arnav and Arohi smiling brightly at me.

"Go change, we're going out. Your husband is taking us for dinner." Arohi giggled.

"He's not my husband yet." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Yeah whatever, I need to freshen up a bit, I'm hungry though so you better hurry up." She said as she pushed me aside and headed to the washroom leaving me and Arnav alone.

I rushed closer to him and held him into a tight hug, we hugged each other for a moment and then he broke the hug and cupped my face looking me into the eyes with a huge smile on his face.

"I missed you." He said as he bent over and kissed me softly.

"I missed you too." I smiled.

"Okay now go change before Arohi kills the both of us, she's taking this wedding pretty seriously." He laughed.

"Well she's my best friend, what else do you expect." I laughed.

"True, she's been of great help though." He nodded, I smiled as I excused myself and rushed to get dressed.

I walked out a few minutes later and found Arohi and Arnav discussing something, once they saw me the stood up.

"Finally, let's leave now, my stomach is rumbling." Arohi said as she rushed out quickly, Arnav and I laughed as we followed her outside.

"Is the planning going well? Are you sure you don't need my help?" I asked Arnav.

"No Khushi, everything is great."

"I still want to help a bit though." I pouted.

"Well there's one thing you can help me with." Arnav said.

"What?" I looked at him excitedly hoping he would finally let me do at least one thing for my own wedding.

He moved closer to my ear as we both stopped walking and then whispered to me so Arohi couldn't hear.

"Be ready for our wedding night, it's going to be a good one." He smirked.

"Idiot." I slapped him on the arm playfully. I couldn't wait for it though, I was pretty much excited and nervous about it.

Plus I dint get the whole idea of the wedding night, the couple is usually too tired from the wedding to be able to do a thing, all they want is to sleep and rest, it should have been the night after the wedding.

But let's see, maybe it was different when the day came.

Oh my God, I couldn't stop thinking about it now that he had mentioned it, the night were going to make love for the first time ever was just a week away.

I couldn't stop thinking how it was going to be what we were going to do, how we were going to do things, neither of us really had any experience, so it was going to be kind of adventurous.

I inhaled a deep breath and tried to calm myself down but now that Arnav had mentioned it, for some reason, I just couldn't stop thinking about it and fantasying about it.

"Already thinking about it?" He smirked.

"You made me." I pouted and rolled my eyes at him, he laughed as he held the door open for me, we all got inside and drove off to the hotel where we were going to have dinner.