Part 51

RAHAT

I thought letting Khushi go was going to be the most painful thing ever, only to realize it now, seeing my brother down on his knees proposing to her as I had to stand here on the stage beside him and sing along for the both of them was the most painful thing ever.

Arnav did tell me that I dint have to be on stage and sing along with him, but I thought I could do it, I offered it myself hoping it would mend things between us, he had been pretty mad at me since I told him about the bet, but when he came to ask me for help for this, I thought I could make things better between us but I was wrong, because look at me here feeling hurt now.

It was so hard to control the tears, it was so hard to keep my voice steady, because all I wanted to do was run backstage and freaking cry! Why did this have to be so painful?

I know it wasn't right, but I just kept hoping that she had loved me instead, because I loved her so much, and I know Arnav loved her too but it was just so damn painful.

Yeh lamha bhi guzarjaye... yeh dard, seene me hi dabjayega...
Ye baatein adhoori rehjayegi... tum aur main adhoore reh jayenge...

Kaash aisa bhi hota... tum mere hote... main tumhara hota... to yeh ghum na hote...

When she said Yes, that was the limit of how deeply hurt I could get. I just couldn't control anymore, I felt like I was going to break down right here, right now. I think Arnav noticed that in my voice, in the way I was singing because then he grabbed his mic and started singing, as for me, I rushed backstage in a hurry and looked for the nearest washroom, I locked myself inside as tears rolled down my eyes.

I dint want to cry, I wanted to be happy for Arnav, I just couldn't control this pain that I was feeling right now.

ARNAV

I couldn't stop looking at her, she was so beautiful, inside out. Today she looked more than perfect, dressed so beautifully in this dress that I had sent for her, but it wasn't even about the dress, it was about the happiness on her face, it was the joy, it was about us getting married!

Oh My God! I was soon getting married to her, it was like a dream, I wanted someone to pinch me and tell me it wasn't a dream.

You know the expressions she had on her face when I went down on my knee in front of this huge crowd, I wished to see it for the rest of my life, it was surprise, and happiness and like she had the entire world at her foot, I always wanted to make her feel that way because that's how much I loved this girl.

Once I was done singing, I headed backstage, I could still hear the noise, the crowd screaming and all that, but I dint pay attention to it, I had to find Rahat, I knew that idiot, he thought he could handle this even when I told him he dint have to do it, and now he was probably hiding somewhere and crying.

I really wished I could change things, but it was like the both of us were meant to fall in love with the same girl, but only one of us was going to get to be with her, and it was going to be her choice, I really did wish I could make thing better for my little brother but I couldn't.

"So, this was your surprise?" Tina looked at me angrily.

"You see this girl Tina, she is the girl I love, and I wouldn't tolerate anyone, and by anyone I mean literally anyone trying to hurt her and you... you did exactly just that.

I thought you were my friend, I thought I could trust you and I had always been very clear to you that I did not love you back, you were supposed to understand that, you were supposed to be okay with me being in love with Khushi and if you weren't okay, at least you dint have to play games! I freaking trusted you!" I looked at her angrily.