Part 30

KHUSHI

I sat on my bed all dressed up and ready to go for the date with Rahat, yet I couldn't stop thinking about Arnav. Yesterday when he told me that I was just like all those other girls, I felt so hurt, that he could think that way about me, and I was also mad but then there was no point of being mad at someone who wasn't related to me anyhow right? No wonder I forgave him easily.

But those words, were still there, replaying themselves in my mind and haunting me, I just dint like that he could think that way about me.

"Enough Khushi!" I said to myself as I stood up. I was done wondering about him, I was done caring why and what he thought of me, all I wanted was to stop feeling whatever I was feeling for him, and if dating Rahat was going to help me with that I was definitely going to do it.

I looked at my phone, it was still early, I don't know why I got ready so early, there were still fifteen minutes left, Rahat had told me he would pick me up at eight o'clock sharp, so all I could do was to wait for him.

As I waited for him, I remembered about the kiss that happened at the masquerade ball, and I really wished I could find out who kissed me. At first I was quite sure it was Arnav, but then after learning about him and Tina, I don't think he would do that.

Maybe Rahat did it? He was very clear about his liking towards me. But how was I supposed to find that out?

Or maybe it was just a stranger who saw me and kissed me and disappeared, why would anyone do that though? I really wanted to know who did it but there was no way of finding out.

I heard the sound of the car hooting outside the house, so I got out of my room, I found mom at the door already talking to Rahat.

"Don't worry aunty, I'll bring her back home on time." Rahat said to mom.

"You can bring her late too, I'm just glad that she agreed to be with you. I can't wait for you both to get married already." Mom said. Wasn't she took over excited for this?

"I'm sure that too would happen soon." Rahat smirked as he looked at me, I rolled my eyes and walked out, he unlocked the car as we both got inside.

I was sort of expecting Rahat to open the door for me, but then I remembered he was the bad boy kind of a guy who clearly dint believe in all this cheesy romantic stuff.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"To have dinner." He said, I nodded as I looked out through the window, the drive wasn't really long but neither of us spoke anything until we arrived at the hotel.

We both stepped out after parking the car and headed inside where he had a table booked for us. Once we were settled we both picked up the menu and started deciding what to eat. All this while I could just think of how things were different with Rahat and with Arnav.

Arnav had made a lot of effort just for a casual dinner with me, and Rahat hadn't made any for an actual date with me. I was clearly the old fashioned kind of a girl, I liked effort more than anything, which Rahat dint seem to be putting at all.

Once we gave out the order, a few girls approached Rahat, they were basically his fans and they could stop gushing about him, and taking pictures with him. Once they were done they finally left us alone.

"You see how lucky you are? I mean all this girls want to be with me, but I fell for you." He smirked.

"Oh I feel very lucky." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why do I have a feeling that you still don't trust me Khushi? I mean you're behaving very strange with me. When you're at my home for work you're always very normal with me, even yesterday we had so much fun, we were actually very good friends, but then in a situation like this you behave as if you don't trust me at all." Rahat asked.