Part 48

KHUSHI

"Hey you! Time for class." My classmate informed me.

I was just seated outside on a bench thinking about stuff, especially about Arnav and Tina, it wasn't that I dint trust Arnav, I was just scared that Tina might fill his head with shit.

Arnav took her as a friend, he trusted her more than he should and that thing was somehow scary, Tina could manipulate him and that's what scared me more.

Although Rahat had promised me to keep things well, I could stop worrying about it, only if I could have been able tell Arnav Tina's truth but that also meant, telling him everything Rahat did, and the last thing I wanted was to bring a tiff between the two brothers, they both loved each other so much, and I dint want to ruin that.

"You okay?" A girl passing by asked as she looked at me curiously.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks." I smiled as she stood up, grabbed my stuff and headed to class wondering if I had made the right decision to move here.

It had been a week since Arnav and Tina went on that dinner, Arnav did call me as soon as he could and everything did seem normal, we were still in love, we talked everyday about everything but yet somehow I couldn't bring myself to stop worrying about it all.

How was I going to concentrate in class if I couldn't stop worrying?

What was the point of moving to Canada if my mind was just stuck on useless worries?

I mean of course my career was important but this fear of losing Arnav was interfering with it, what was I supposed to do in this situation?

I inhaled a few deep breaths and tried to calm myself down making myself believe that everything was okay, I headed inside the class and decided to concentrate.

I settled down beside my desk mate, smiled at him and that was it, the lecture began in no time and somehow I did manage to stop worrying for the time being.

*****

I heard my phone ring while I was in the shower, I had this habit of taking a shower once I came back from college every day, I decided I was going to call back once I was done.

I finished taking the shower and got dressed quickly, then jumped on my bed as I grabbed my phone to see who was calling me.

I found a missed call from Rahat.

Wondering why he was calling me, I pressed the dial button waiting for him to pick up, all this while, Rahat had never called me, and now that he had, I was getting worried again.

Jeez Khushi! You need to relax.

"Hey!" He said as soon as he received the call.

"Hey." I replied.

"How have you been?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Good too."

"So how come you called me today? Any important thing? or you wanted me to help you flirt with a girl?" I giggled.

"Yeah right, as if I need your help with that, you know I'm great at it." I knew he must be smirking on the other end.

"Yeah, a lot of people know that." I giggled.

"So anyway, let me come to the point. I called you because I had something really important to discuss with you? Can you talk to me right now? If you've got something to do I can call later?"

"No, I'm just home, tell me." I said curiously, what was this important thing he wanted to talk to me about?

Was it about Arnav?