Part 12

KHUSHI

"You got this for me?" I looked at him in surprise, I dint even know how to react about this, I mean I liked the dress but it was way out of my league, and I usualy dint like things I couldn't afford myself.

"Yeah, I hope you aren't mad, I dint buy it with any wrong intention." He looked at me nervously, wow, I had no idea I could make Arnav Raizada nervous, that was quite a thing.

"No, I'm not mad." I tried to hide my laughter, but it was hard to believe that I could actually get him so nervous, why was he nervous anyway? He was just gifting me a dress.

"Actually thank you for this, I loved this dress a lot, but it was clearly out of my league, and as much as I am glad that you thought of gifting it to me, I am sorry, I can't keep it Arnav. I can't afford such expensive things so I don't like them as gifts too. I mean I like simple gifts, something I can afford to gift back too." I smiled as I handed him the bag, he looked a bit disappointed.

I know this was nothing to him, but to me it was a lot of money, and it was just weird accepting such an expensive gift.

"I knew it, you would take me wrongly." He sighed as he sat down.

"No, seriously I dint. It's just too expensive, I don't know how to explain."

"Then don't explain, just accept it. Why are you looking at the price of the gift, why can't you look at it as a gift from me? Like suppose it was your birthday and I'd gift you something, you'd just refuse it because it was expensive? That's not fair. And anyway what would I do with this dress if you don't take it? I'm not a girl or I could wear It." he pouted.

"You know, no one can know you are this dramatic unless they spend some actual time with you." I smiled.

"Yeah whatever, you are keeping this dress, I don't care, and I'm not listening otherwise. I'm your boss, you have to do as I say." He said as he handed me the bag.

"Okay boss, as you say." I said as I stood attention and saluted him, making him laugh.

"Now who is the dramatic person?" He smiled as he stood up.

"Anyway go rest, I'll meet you in the evening, around seven o'clock when we leave for dinner." He smiled as he headed to his room and I headed to mine.

It was strange how in such a short time I was actually getting along really well with Arnav, we had even sort of become friends already. But that was good too, if I had to work for him, it was good that we had a good relationship, unlike me being scared of him always and stuff, this was way better.

*****

Let's just say that instead of taking a short nap, I over slept. I actually woke up around five thirty, I guess I was just kind of tired with all the shopping and stuff, when I woke up, I actually thought it was the next day until I checked my phone and realized I had just slept a lot.

I sat up and decided to call mom and then start getting ready for the dinner. I hadn't called her much since we came here and I knew she must be worried, I mean she obviously trusted me, but I had joined this job recently and I was already out of the country, it was scary for her as much as it had been for me when I had to travel so soon.

But then as we got here, my views started changing slightly, I mean Arnav was so good and Rahat too wasn't really as terrible as I thought he was, none of them could harm me in any way.

"Khushi! I had been waiting for you to call, I was worried." Mom said as soon as she received my call.

"I know mom, I'm sorry... I've just been quite busy but you don't have to worry about me, I'm completely fine. And this place is beautiful too, I'm having a lot of fun here." I said.