Part 29

ARNAV

I dint even want to enter the house and look at Khushi or at Rahat, or at anyone who kept this from me, I felt betrayed.

Here I was, dreaming about her, of spending my life with her and she had another plans, and everyone knew about it apart from me.

I sat down on the bench outside the mansion, I had no idea on what to do or how to behave around her anymore.

I had just settled down when I saw Khushi running out of the mansion followed by Rahat who had a water gun and he was shooting her with the water filled in it, Khushi had one to and she was running away from him while trying to shoot him with her water gun too.

I just stared at them both, they looked so happy having fun together and that kind of broke my heart more, what was I supposed to do about this pain?

What was I supposed to do knowing that I was always going to be incomplete without her?

I looked away from them trying to handle my pain which was very difficult to.

Yeh lamha bhi, guzar jayega... yeh dard, seene me hi dab jayega...
Yeh baatein adhoori reh jayegi... tum aur mein, adhoore reh jayenge...
Kaash aisa bhi hota, tum mere hote, mein tumhara hota to yeh ghum na hote...

This girl that was running all around here was the only girl I ever gave my heart to, the only one I felt butterflies for, the one I thought of spending my life with and now, she was thinking the same, only that it wasn't with me but with Rahat.

All over a sudden, she stopped in front of me.

"Sir, a little help here please. Your brother is going to drench me." She said as she tried to hide behind me.

"Oh what now, you got scared huh?" Rahat asked.

"Stop it!" I shouted angrily, they both stopped and stood still looking at me wondering what was wrong with me, I might be the strict kind of a person but I would rarely shout at anyone, look what Khushi's love had done to me now.

"What are you two, kids? Stop this childish games of yours and get to work. Miss Khushi, I appointed you as the manager here not to play this childish games with my brothers.

You sounded very confident in the interview dint you? That you weren't interested in Rahat and all that, well look at you, in the end you turned out just like all of them dint you?" I looked at her angrily.

How could she do this? She was very clear, she hated Rahat and she wasn't going to do what our previous managers did, yet she did the exact same, the only difference was that this time, from Rahat's side it was actually genuine feelings and not his one night stands.

"What do you mean sir?" She looked offended.

"I mean, go do your work and Rahat, grow the hell up!" I said.

"Arnav, what's..."

"Sir, I'd like it if you address me as sir. I don't like my employees addressing me with my name." I looked at her angrily, right now I felt so betrayed, especially by her, because she did exactly what she told me she won't.

Juthi thi kasmein teri, juthe the vaade sabhi...
Juthi thi teri hasi, aur juthe the aansu tere...
Ab yaadon me aunga mein, rehjayegi meri kami...
Sazayein bhi bolengi tujhko yeh kya kiya... tune kiya...

"I'm sorry sir, you are right I should do my work." She apologized as she turned around and started walking away.

Kaash aisa bhi hota... tum mere hote...
mein tumhara hota to yeh ghum na hote...

"Why are you so mad bro?" Rahat looked at me angrily.

"I am mad because everyone here takes me as a joke and keeps hiding things from me, I feel I have no importance Rahat." I said.

"There's nothing like that bro, believe me. I came and told you about it myself dint I? If you weren't important I would never tell you." Rahat looked at me.

"That's the problem Rahat, I was the last person you told."

"I am sorry bro, I really am. I promise I would never do such kind of stupidity again." He held both his ears and apologized.

"Okay, you are forgiven." I faked a smile as I pulled him into a hug.

"I am sorry too Rahat, I got mad at you for no reason." When I hugged him, I just sort of calmed down, he broke the hug and looked at me with a smile and then the smile slowly faded off.

"Wait, do you also have feelings for Khushi?" He asked.

"What, why would you think that?"

"Because of this bro. You were crying weren't you?" he wiped of the tears off my face, I hadn't even realized that there were tears, when did I even cry?

"I don't even know I was crying." I shrugged.

"I'll step back bro, I should have known, the way you were always spending time with her, I kind of knew one day or the other you will fall for her. I just dint know it had happened already. Shit! What did I do? Now I get it all, that is why you are mad because no one told you earlier." He looked worried.

"No Rahat, I like her because she is a good person, there are no other feelings. I got mad because she's a good girl and I thought you were just playing your stupid games with her too."

"No bro I am not, I promise, what I feel for her is genuine."

"Great then none of us has to worry about anything." I smiled.

"Are you sure you don't have any feelings for her?" He asked once again. I really wish I could tell him what I felt for Khushi but it was already too late.

And for the first time in all this years, I could finally see Rahat settling down with one girl and I knew nothing was going to be better than that for him, so I hid my feelings, for his sake.

Not for anyone else but Rahat, because he was my brother and I loved him a lot.

"Great." He smiled as he walked away, I headed inside the mansion and tried to find Khushi, out of my anger I had told her a lot of nonsense which I shouldn't have and I needed to apologize for it.

I found her seated silently in the hall with a laptop, she was working on something, I walked towards her and sat down beside her.

"Hey, can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure sir." She replied without looking at me. I took the laptop from her and she finally looked at me.

"I am sorry Khushi, I was rude to you and I said things I shouldn't have, there is no excuse for it, I was just stupid. I am really sorry, I was just angry about something and took it out on you and Rahat, I hope you'll forgive me. And please call me Arnav." I looked at her hoping she would forgive me.

"Apology accepted Arnav." She smiled at me, I took a sigh of relief, even a small smile from her lightened my whole world up, sadly she couldn't be a part of my world now.