Part 34

KHUSHI

I wasn't the one to usually make stupid decisions, I mean my little brother Kabir was the ceo of stupid decisions, but I guess I gave him competition by making such a decision.

Who in their right mind would decide to get engaged to a guy they don't even like much just so they can forget the one they like? Me, I am the stupid person.

Until I met Arnav, I had no idea what love was like, what it felt like or how people were supposed to act about it. All I knew was studies and career and I was a hundred percent sure when it came to those, I never made any stupid decisions.

Right now, I had no idea what had gotten into me or why at the first place I actually even agreed to be with Rahat, I guess while trying to get a hint of Arnav's feelings I ended up trapping myself in something I shouldn't have. Well my mother obviously dint think that way, for her, Rahat was the perfect son-in-law she could ever have and since I told her that Arnav would be coming with his family in the evening, she was over excited about it.

I always had a pretty clear plan, study hard, work harder and become successful, love was never planned, it came out of nowhere and now all I could feel was trapped, I wouldn't blame anyone for this situation though, I had put myself into this, I agreed to get engaged to Rahat hoping I'd get to see Arnav jealous and finally know what he feels for me, which I did.

I learnt that he has no feelings for me and now I was going to get engaged to Rahat. Holy Shit!

"Why aren't you dressed?" Mom asked as she walked inside my room.

"You mean why am I not wearing a saree or stuff? Please mom all that happens in the movies." I shrugged.

"I dint mean that way Khushi, can you just change into better clothes and not your pajamas?"

"Sure mom, it won't take me ages, I'll change later."

"I don't get what's going on in your mind but we'll talk about that later, right now I have to make preparations, you better be ready on time." She gave me a serious look and then walked away leaving me alone in the misery I had put myself in.

Can I just rewind my life back to the point where Arohi convinced me to go for the interview please? So I can go back to being me, not the stupid person I had become who was making such huge decisions of her life very stupidly.

Seriously, what was wrong with me?

*****

I heard a knock at the door of my room, I was expecting it to be mom again but when the door open, quite surprisingly it was Rahat. He was dressed in a navy suit with white shirt, his hair was styled so perfectly and damn he did look hot.

"Don't worry, I asked your mother if I could talk to you." He laughed.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"You. You know you are such a confusing woman. I mean all this days I was chasing you, trying to win your trust, trying to show you how much I love you but you just wouldn't give in and then finally when I realize that I've been way out of line trying to force you for things and actually stepped back, you agreed to get engaged to me. Why?" He folded his arms and looked at me keenly.

"I talked to Arnav, he thinks you can keep me happy." I sighed.

"So that's it, that is the reason you agreed for this?"

"Isn't that what you wanted Rahat? For me to be with you? Here I am, so why are you questioning things?" I asked. This guy was confusing, when I wanted him to leave me alone he wouldn't and now when I agreed for the engagement he was questioning it.