Part 38

RAHAT

Kyun Khuda ne, di lakeerein, jisme zaahir, naam nahi tera...
Likh raha hoon dard saare, yun toh shayar naam nahi mera...
Itna bhi kya bewafa koi hota hai... yeh soch kar raat bhar dil yeh rota hai...
Asal mein... tum nahi ho mere... tum nahi ho mere... Tum nahi ho mere... nahin ho mere...

The beautiful smile on her face upon watching the video broke my heart, I was a selfish person, I had always been a selfish person, I always wanted everything for myself, unless my brother wanted it. But Khushi wasn't a thing, she wasn't something I could give it to him or keep for myself, she was a human being, she deserved the right to make her choice, so I had to tell her the truth, so she could make her choice, Arnav and I dint have to toss her around for each other.

The only person I could do anything for, the only person I loved and cared for, my brother, Arnav. The one who broke his own heart so I could keep mine happy and safe.

I hated Tina! If she hadn't involved me in that stupid bet, I would have never felt anything like this for Khushi and her and bro could have been happy, everything between them was perfect until I developed this stupid feelings! Stupid Tina!

But hey, I hadn't lost to her, she might have thought she won and even though this wasn't any game right now, I might have lost Khushi, but I still won against Tina.

Thanks to this tape, and the videographer, if I wouldn't have watched it, I would have never known that bro loved Khushi, I mean it was unexpected. Arnav had never really looked at a girl that way, never ever. But this girl was Khushi, she was perfect for him, why wouldn't he have looked at her like that, why wouldn't he have fallen for her.

I just wished he would have told me how he felt about her... gladly I noticed his strange behavior that day I was taking them for the ice cream and when I saw him shut his laptop like that, I knew he was hiding something and I had to find out what.

It wasn't difficult to sneak into his room when we got back that day, I just had to stall him for a couple of minutes which our parents did when we came back, wanting to talk to him about something, I got the perfect chance to sneak into his room, all I had to do is open the laptop and the tape was in front of me. I was glad I decided to sneak in because otherwise, I wouldn't have seen the video, I wouldn't have known he kissed Khushi, and for Arnav to kiss a girl, it would happen only if he was in love with her.

He was in love with Khushi. I Just took forever to notice it, I mean it was there, the way they both looked at each other every time, I was stupid not to have known sooner, but better late than never.

I knew then that I had to do something otherwise this two people were just going to stay silent and ruin everything, plus this was my only chance to make Tina lose, I couldn't wait to see her damn face.

I planned everything overnight and knew how I was going to make Khushi confess, only she confessed to me without me having to do anything, so I might have planned all this but she was the real hero of her own story, at least she told me she dint want this even before she found out that Arnav was the one that kissed her at the masquerade ball.

When I watched the clip I thought since I said I was in love with Khushi, maybe they both were doing it for me, but knowing Khushi I knew she wouldn't agree to do this if she knew Arnav loved her, and the little things that happened after that clearly showed that they both dint know a thing so I had to do something and that was why I planned for her to watch this clip, without it she was never going to believe that Arnav was in love with her.

I was no hero though, like I said I was a selfish person and maybe if there was another person in question here instead of my brother, I don't know if I could have done what I did. No wonder Khushi never loved me, she was right, I wasn't her type, Arnav was.