Part 40

KHUSHI

Things were different today, it was after long that I felt really happy, since dad left us, everything had been upside down, but now everything seemed to be falling in place.

I stared at my ceiling wondering if this was real, I mean I was almost getting engaged to Rahat and then everything changed in a filmy manner and the best part of this was that Arnav loved me too.

What was better than having Arnav Raizada love you? Oh My God, I felt like Cinderella. The prince charming fell for me, how cute.

"Aww how cute." A voice disturbed my thoughts, I noticed Arohi standing beside me bed giggling at me.

"What?" I asked as I sat up.

"The smile on your face, I bet you were thinking about Arnav, weren't you? I deserve some credit here though don't I? Remember how I forced you to go for the interview?" She smirked.

How could I forget, if she hadn't convinced me to go for the interview, maybe I wouldn't have ever met Arnav, he was just the perfect guy. He was amazing. I was in love with him and all I wanted to do was shout it out to the entire world.

"Thank you for convincing me for it." I hugged Arohi happily.

"I'm so happy for you Khushi, there wouldn't have been a better guy for you than Arnav." She broke the hug and looked at me happily.

I just couldn't stop smiling for some reason, I felt like I wanted to dance, sing some stupid song and just feel this love.

"Anyway what brings you here this early?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just thought I'd see you before you left for work and tell you how happy I was for you, since you started working there we haven't really spent much time together."

"I know, it's been busy plus we also went out of the country." I sighed.

"I understand Khushi, I'm not complaining. Anyway don't you need to get ready for work? Go see your hot boss and lover." She winked at me making me blush deep red.

"I can't wait to see him, I'm excited and nervous too. What should I wear? Help me." I pouted.

"This is exactly why I'm here." Arohi laughed.

"I'll take a quick shower then we can decide what I should wear and you can curl my hair for me." I said excitedly.

"As you say." She nodded so I quickly rushed to the bathroom to take a shower, I was really excited. It wasn't the first time I was going to see him obviously, it was just... it was the first time now that we were together, I couldn't stop imagining things.

*****

After an eternity, I was finally ready. I stood in front of the mirror admiring my beautiful self, Arohi had done the curls so perfectly, they looked great. I did a bit of more than usual make up today and decided to put on a beautiful black dress that I have been saving for a special occasion. It had an off the shoulder neckline with beautiful lace working and it was tight fitting, it hugged my figure perfectly.

I grabbed a matching pair of heels and I was set to meet Arnav, this feeling I was having at the moment was impossible to describe but I'm sure anyone that had ever been in love would surely know how it felt.

"He's not going to be able to look away from you." Arohi whispered in my ear making me blush once again.

"Okay, I got to go for work, I'll call you when I'm free and we can do something together." I smiled at her, I gave her a hug and then walked away in a hurry, I was running a bit late already.