Part 16

KHUSHI

I woke up quite late the next morning, after taking a shower and getting dressed, as I walked out of my room and to the hall, I could smell the delicious aroma around the house, it was as if someone was cooking breakfast or something.

I headed towards the kitchen and found Rahat there, seated on the counter as two chefs were busy cooking, I almost thought Rahat was the one cooking but I forgot he was rich he had servant to do stuff for him, why would he cook?

"Good morning." Rahat smirked at me as he wiggled his eyebrows, he seemed to be in a flirty mood today.

"I'm surprised there's no girl with you in this kitchen, I was sort of expecting that." I teased him.

He jumped off the counter and walked towards me, looked like my joke didn't seem funny to him, he looked quite serious and now I was kind of scared, since when was I scared of Rahat?

"Since I've met you, all those girls don't mean anything anymore." He smirked.

"Jeez, how many girls have you used that line on so far?" I rolled my eyes as I walked out of the kitchen, I knew better and I knew Rahat wasn't the one to look at just one girl.

Look I wasn't judging him, but seriously, he was with a different girl everyday trying to maintain his bad boy image so it was difficult to believe what he said.

"I just noticed you blushing." He followed me out.

"Why would I blush? That too for you? Please."

"Oh come on Khushi, accept the fact, you girls like guys like me." He smirked.

"No Rahat, not all girls like guys you, some like sorted men, men that aren't bad boys or don't go sleeping around with every woman they meet." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you judging me for sleeping with girls?" he looked at me in shock.

"I am not judging, I am just saying, it's your life do whatever you want but I don't agree with what you do, that's it. I am just saying for me to really be interested in a guy, he should have to be the good guy, sorry but bad boys aren't my type."

"That's an insult to me, I'll make sure you like me." He frowned.

"Why do you want me to like you so much? You hated me at first."

"Yeah but I like you now." He blurted, I looked at him in surprise, did he like me generally or did he like me in any other way?

Okay Khushi, he is just a bad boy who is flirting with you like he flirts with any other girl out there, don't feel too special, plus remember he isn't your type anyway.

"Yeah I am very likeable, a lot of people like me." I laughed as I sat down on the sofa trying to avoid looking at him.

It was good when I wasn't friends with him, we just became friends yesterday and he was already telling me he liked me, I mean what the hell?

"Don't avoid the topic, I mean it." He said as he sat down opposite me and looked at me seriously.

"Oh yes, Rahat Raizada, they guy that literally hated me so much that he dint want me to work for him and was going to make sure I quit this job is suddenly telling me he likes me. Rahat do I look stupid to you? Play this tricks on someone else." I said.

There was no way that anything he was saying was true, I couldn't believe it, I had known him for a while now and I knew he wasn't the terrible guy I thought he was at first, but he wasn't that good either.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe because all you ever want with girls is to sleep around. Maybe you want that with me, how am I supposed to know?"

"So you think I am the kind of a guy who wouldn't ever want to be in a real relationship?" He looked at me seriously, I mean the way he was talking and the way he seemed all serious about this could have any girls believe him, but I wasn't going to.

"Umm, why spend the rest of your life with one girl when you can have a new one everyday" I quoted his words to him and smirked. This guy definitely had something going on in his mind. I mean I could believe he liked me for once if we had started off on a good note, but the way we both despised each other, there was no way this was true.

"Okay Khushi, I get it I said those words and I believe in them until now. But then you came, and I really hated you at first but since we've come here, I've just had this urge to get to know you better, I am serious, I really mean it." He said.

I still dint know whether to believe him or not.

"Well great then, but I am sorry Rahat, I have no urge of getting to know you better." I sighed. I wasn't clearly interested in him so really who cared if he was? It wasn't going to make a difference as long as I wasn't interested too.

"Okay let me ask you one question, just answer me honestly." He sighed. I nodded positively as I waited for him to ask me the question.

"Is that that you aren't interested in me at all or you could be if I made you believe that I really like you and maybe if you put an effort of getting to know me, you might like me too? Just be honest."

Wow, I dint even know what to answer that, seriously this dint make sense at all, why would the great Rahat Raizada, the one that could be with any girl choose me? I wasn't special, I was just a poor girl who was working for them so I could complete my studies, dating someone wasn't in my list, I had never thought of it before.

"Why would you be interested in me Rahat? There are millions of girls out there dying for you, go find one of them." I shrugged as I stood up to walk away, I dint like having this conversation because everything was so sudden and confusing I dint even know what to say.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back, he stood up grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me into the eyes.

"Just one answer Khushi, can you be interested in me if I try or not?" He asked.

"I don't know. Rahat, look you are my boss and I promised to remain professional, I don't want to be one of those managers you sleep with and then I leave this job, this isn't why I came for this job.

I joined because I have dreams, I want to study, become successful in life, being with a guy isn't in my list of dreams, it's something I've never thought about so I really don't know if I can or if I can't be interested in you okay? Now can we end this topic please?

Look we can be friends, we can have a good boss and employee relationship, I don't really want anything more than that, let's not talk about it please."

"Okay fine, let's have breakfast at lease, I got this cooks to make breakfast for you because you were tired of eating out." He pouted.

It was sweet that he thought so much about me that he could actually do something like this for me, anyway as long as we weren't discuss that topic I was fine, I nodded as we both settled down at the table while the breakfast was served to us.

RAHAT

This was really strange. I mean how? How was it possible that my charm wasn't working on this girl no matter what I did?

I hated that she wouldn't be interested in me even after me doing all this stuff, things that I wouldn't have ever done in my life, I mean what was I supposed to do to get this girl to even start liking me?

There was no way I could lose the bet I made with Tina, I had to do something, look more believable, maybe it was too soon to tell her that I liked her, I should have waited so it would be a bit more believable.

All this was quite irritating though, I mean the time I could spend around Mauritius having a lot of fun was being wasted in trying to impress this girl, the girl that I dint even like, why did I even have that stupid bet with Tina?

Imagine me, Rahat Raizada, taking a girl for shop, acting all cute and nice, getting her breakfast and what not, and yet, she wasn't interested. What else was I supposed to do to get her to like me? One thing was for sure, I wasn't going to give up easily, because Rahat Raizada never lost, so I wasn't going to lose this bet I made with Tina.

Khushi had to fall for me, I was going to make sure I did everything and anything I could to make her fall for me, even if I had to watch those stupid romantic movies and get stupid ideas from it, I was going to win this freaking bet!