Part 55

ARNAV

We had only two days left for the wedding, I couldn't believe that in the next two days, I was going to be married, I was going to have a wife, wow, that was really big.

As much as the whole marriage thing was exciting, it was pretty scary too, I never wanted to disappoint Khushi, I just hoped that I was going to be a good husband for her.

I stood infront of the mirror staring at my reflection, I was dressed in a navy sherwani that our designer had designed, Khushi's outfit was going to match mine and I couldn't wait to see how beautiful she was going to look in it.

It was our sangeet function and I had a little surprise planned for her, I couldn't wait to see her expressions when I surprised her, they were going to be priceless.

"You ready bro?" Rahat walked into my room, I turned to look at him and smiled, he was dressed in a similar outfit to mine, his was just a bit simpler and a light blue instead of navy.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Great, then we should get going, mom sent me to call you."

"Okay." I said as I grabbed the veil that was to be put around my neck and headed out of the room. Rahat and I started heading out in the garden where the arrangements were made but it was quite a silent walk, neither of us spoke.

"You okay with all this?" I asked him.

"Yeah... yeah I am. I mean it's not like I can change anything right?"

"You can change your feelings, maybe go on dates, meet new people, maybe you will find someone else to make you feel the way Khushi did."

"I don't think so... I dint have to go on looking for Khushi. I think it will happen when it had to, I'll just wait for it. But don't worry, I am really happy for you." He smiled at me.

I stopped outside and looked at the setup, the stage, the lighting, the decoration... everything was perfect.

"So beautiful." I smiled as I looked at Rahat, he was looking with his eyes wide open.

"Indeed." He nodded, I followed his gaze and realized we weren't talking about the same thing, I was looking at the decoration and he was looking at Arohi. Maybe Khushi was right, there were sparks somewhere here.

RAHAT

A few aunties came and pulled Arnav aside, I have no idea what obsession aunties have with grooms, they all always want to talk to him. As for me, my eyes were still stuck on one person. Arohi.

She rushed from one corner to the other explaining something to the workers, she was already dressed for the function in a beautiful red outfit, it went so well with her skin, her make up, her hair and everything was so on point.

I never really looked at girls this way, I always looked at their figures and stuff and had only one thing in my mind until I met Khushi, but after everything that happened with her, I thought I was going to get back to my old ways just to realize now I was looking at her best friend the same way I used to look at her.

What was happening here? I mean after all the times I had met her, why was I looking at her this way suddenly? What had changed?

I tried to look everywhere else but my eyes ended up going back to her everytime. Once she was done with whatever that she was doing, she turned and looked at me, I saw a cute smile curve up on her face as she started heading towards me and now I was feeling nervous.

Since when did Rahat Raizada start feeling nervous?

"Hey you... you look hot." She giggled as she stopped in front of me.

"You look hotter." I smirked and winked at her, thinking me acting flirty would throw her off but it seemed to be getting her more interested.

"Looks like I don't have to save you from Tina anymore, I haven't seen her around." She looked around trying to spot her.

"I threatened her, I told her Arnav might be good enough to invite her to the wedding but I wasn't as good as him, so she should leave. Looks like she listened to me." I smirked.

I really dint like the idea of having Tina around, so I talked to her when Arnav wasn't around and warned her, she was pretty scared and I dint know whether she left or not for sure, but I guess she hasn't been around so she must have left.

I wasn't going to let her stay here and plot to ruin this wedding now, or try to get into my mind, given how vulnerable I was feeling right now, I could end up listening to her which I dint want to.

"Hey you, where are you lost?" Arohi waved her hand in front of my face.

"In your eyes." I smirked once again.

"Are you always this flirty or you're just in the mood to flirt with me today?" She giggled as she blushed, I loved the look on her face when she blushed.

Oh God help me, what was happening to me. I wasn't over Khushi yet, so there was no way I was falling for another girl so soon.

"Are you always this hot or your put extra effort today?" I asked.

"Jeez, so cheesy. I'll got get Khushi, I might get fat because of all this extra cheese." She laughed as she walked away.

ARNAV

I was seated with a few of my relatives, looking around hoping for Khushi to come soon, I couldn't wait to tell her all the dirty things I had planned to tell her.

I laughed at my own thoughts, off late the both of us had been so crazy, we literally had raging hormones, no matter what function we had, we just dint want to keep our hands off each other.

A few minutes later, I saw her walk in dress in the matching outfit that was designed for her, and just like I expected, she looked out of the world.

How did she manage to pull off each and every outfit so perfectly? How was she so perfect? Arohi led her to where I was seated so she could sit beside me, I smiled at her as she sat down on the chair beside mine.

"You two better watch the perfomances or I'm not watching the door later for you." Arohi said to both of us and then walked away leaving us laughing.

"It's too hot out here." I said as I fanned myself with with my hands, making her blush.

"Stop it." She giggled.

"What can I do, you literally take my breath away." I pouted.

"So do you Mr. Raizada." She smiled at me. I waited for the few announcements that Arohi was making before we could begin with the function, I had my performance scheduled in the beginning so I had to walk away making an excuse and go backstage.

"I need to use the washroom, I'll be right back." I said to Khushi who nodded positively. So I stood up and headed backstage to prepare, I just hoped she was going to like it. I had put so much effort into this.

"So we will begin with a special performance by a special person that is dedicated to our dearest Khushi." Arohi announced and then walked away and I walked to the stage holding my mic nervously.

I was always confident while perfoming in concerts and stuff, but today I was a bit nervous, I was just going to sing, I was going to dance for her, I had danced maybe like two three times in school only so believe me when I say I am terrible at dancing.

I saw a huge smile curving up on Khushi's face and I knew, whatever that I was going to do, was going to make her really happy and that's all I asked for anyway. I put the mic close to my mouth, closed my eyes and started singing for her.

Mera din bhi tu... meri shaame tu... mere raat ke sapno me tu...
Meri aahatein... tera naam le... ye baat tu maanle...
Sau saal ka... mera ik din ho... jisme teri tasveere na ho...
Berut si hai... meri yeh zindagi... jisme teri khushbu na ho...
Meri... pehli mohabbat... pehli mohabbat... pehli mohabbat hai woh...

Once I stopped singing, another music played up on the radio, so I threw the mic and I was joined by a few dancers behind me as we started grooving to the song.

I could see how happy she was, she had stood up and was jumping up and down so happily. If this is all I had to do to keep her smiling like this, I swear I was going to do it for the rest of my life.