Part 63

RAHAT

I looked at my watch realizing I was late already, I grabbed my car keys and rushed downstairs in a hurry not wanting to be late.

It had been Six months since Arnav and Khushi's wedding, and a lot had happened on that wedding, a lot had changed.

Of course, it wasn't easy, to know that you've lost the girl forever, the wedding was the toughest time ever, because I was supposed to be happy for my brother but somewhere, my heart was breaking because of losing Khushi and I guess that's why it took me so long to take this step.

I drove off as soon as I got into my car, I was kind of nervous actually, I mean this was a big deal for me, it wasn't something I usually did, or in simple terms, it wasn't my kind of a thing.

As I drove to the hotel, as lot of emotions went through me, one moment I was excited, one moment I was nervous, and I was a bit scared too, it was like a whole bunch of different kind of emotions.

I arrived in no time and rushed inside immediately, once I was in there, I looked around for a moment until I saw her, she was seated on the dining table near the window staring at the view outside, she looked beautiful.

She had her elbow resting on the table and her palm supporting her face on it as she looked outside, it looked like she had been waiting for a while now. Seriously Rahat, why couldn't you ever be on time?

I walked towards her and I swear I felt so nervous, I had never been this nervous with any girl, but with her I don't know why I was, maybe because she was Khushi's best friend, maybe because she knew about the terrible things I did and yet was here, believing I was a changed man. Was I really though? I hoped so.

"Hey." I greeted her as I pulled out a chair and settled down in front of her, she diverted her eyes towards me and as soon as her eyes rested on mine, she smiled.

"Hey."

"I'm sorry, I know I am late. Why dint you get yourself something to drink meanwhile?" I asked as I looked at her, she looked really pretty, she was dressed in a floral dress that had a deep v-neck on the front, she had a thin necklace with a key shaped pendant on her neck.

"I dint even think of that." She giggled.

"Thank you for coming though." I said.

"I am surprised it took you so long to ask me out on our first date Rahat." She laughed.

"I know, I wasn't even sure that you were going to agree to come, and six months is a long time, who knew if you would have met someone else."

"Lucky for you, I didn't. It's funny isn't it, after the wedding was over we went back to being strangers, I thought you had forgotten that I existed." She laughed, it dint sound like a joke though, I know she was disappointed that I never even tried to keep in touch with her.

Since the wedding, I had just so much going on with me, first the heartbreak and then this new attraction that I felt towards her, everything was too much for me, I just wanted to take time and be ready, I dint want to go back to the one night stands, I just saw how happy Arnav and Khushi were after they got married, even the long distance couldn't harm their relationship, they were still very much happy, and I wanted that and maybe the only chance at me having something like that was Arohi.

She was the only girl after Khushi that I looked at in a way where I dint want to take her to my bed the first thing, so I just really wanted to be sure about my feelings towards her and then ask her out.

I did take much longer than I thought, I mean in the past six months we hadn't even met anywhere or talked or anything and then yesterday I decided I was really and gave her a call and asked her if she would like to have lunch with me, what was surprising was that she agreed immediately, of course after asking if it was just a casual lunch or a lunch like date, which I told her was a date... and here we are, finally seeing each other after six good months.