Part 35

ARNAV

Yeh Lamha bhi, guzar jayega... Yeh dard, seene me hi dab jayega...
Yeh baatein adhoori rehjayegi... tum aur me adhoore rehjayenge...

"Calm down Arnav, calm down." I told myself as I inhaled deep long breaths, until today I had just seen Khushi and Rahat argue or talk like normal people, it was the first time I was seeing them together, like touching each other, sharing a hug and I swear I never knew it could hurt this much.

I was trying really hard, but the pain of losing her was too much, too difficult to handle, I dint even realize, but all over a sudden a tear dropped down my eye, making me realize how weak I was and no matter how strong I acted, seeing her with someone else was going to tear me apart.

Why couldn't she have been mine? Why couldn't she fall in love with me? Because I was a bad boy like Rahat and girls usually liked such kind of guys? I really wish she had fallen for me, I really did.

Kaash aisa bhi hota... tum mere hote...
me tumhara hota... to yeh ghum na hote...

"Bro." Rahat came in front of me suddenly, I dint even have time to wipe off the tears.

"What happened? Why are your eyes moist, bro?" He looked at me worriedly.

"Relax Rahat, this are tears of happiness, my little brother is finally going to settle, I've always wished for that you know." I faked a smile, I hope he was going to believe me, the last thing I wanted was for him to get an idea of what I felt for Khushi, I knew if he ever found out about my feelings, he would step back from this, he wouldn't get engaged to her which wasn't the right thing because no matter what we both wanted, the choice was Khushi's and she had chosen him.

"You sure?"

"Yup." I nodded and smiled more trying to make myself sound believable, just then I heard mom call Rahat so he excused himself.

"Arnav." I heard Khushi call out my name, I always loved how she mentioned my name, I loved hearing her say my name, she made it sound so beautiful. Okay Arnav stop this, stop feeling this way about her, she's going to get engaged to Rahat, all you have to do is look at her as your brother's wife and nothing else.

"Khushi." I smiled brightly as I turned to look at her, she looked worried, I had no idea why.

"I am scared Arnav." She looked like she was about to cry, I moved closer to her trying to make her feel better.

"Don't be Khushi... I know it's a big decision and I know how you always wanted to build your career, but just so you know, no one in our family is going to stop you from it, we will support you always.

And as far as Rahat is concerned, I'm sure you know him better by now, he might be stupid sometimes but I'm sure he would keep you happy so you don't have to be scared about anything okay?"

"If you say so."

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow, we'll start planning for the engagement, I promise I will make it perfect, just the way you want it, so you don't have to worry about a thing okay?"

"Can I ask a question?"

"Sure."

"Why are you doing so much for me? I mean even planning the engagement and all?"

"Let's just say it's my way of thanking you, Rahat has become a better person because of you and I'll do anything to make you happy." I smiled, she nodded and then we both walked back to the hall where everyone was gathered.

*****

Once I arrived back home, I headed back to my room and shut myself inside, I quickly played the video the photographer had left earlier so I could see if the footage of me kissing Khushi was there.