Nightmares

America's POV

I walked down a long dark hallway up to a door. I stared at it for a moment and then opened it. My eyes went wide when I saw Russia laying on the floor with a pool of blood around him.

I stared at him with my hands over my mouth and tears running down my cheeks. I turned around to see someone behind me about to murder me with a knife.

I woke up breathing heavily and tears running down my cheeks. I got up and walked over to Russia's bed to see him sleeping peacefully.

I couldn't stop thinking about that dream though. I crawled into bed with him and tried to go to sleep.

"America? What are you doing?" Russia asked quietly. I think I woke him up. I rolled over to look at him. "I had a nightmare..." I replied still crying.

"What happened in it?" He asked. "Well there was a d-dark hallway and a d-door and y-you were d-dead and-" I was cut off by him cuddling me. "I would never leave you that easily, America." He said. I looked at him.

"I'm a slav, I can do a push up without hands. I'm strong enough to defend myself." He said with a reasuring smile. He was trying to lighten the mood. I giggled at his words. Then he kissed me before pulling away.

Then we heard a quiet. "Ouch! Esfirnia! Don't push me!" We both sat up. It came from outside our room. "I didn't mean to!" Another country whispered. "Did they notice us?" Whispered another country. "Oh sugar! I'm scared!" Yet another country whispered

I giggled at how whoever was out there were acting. I knew Esfirnia and Canada were out there but the others I wasn't too sure.

Russia's POV

I chuckled at the voices. I looked at America. "Should we make them think that...?" I whispered. "No let's just go catch them." America replied. I got out of bed with America following me.

"Alright on three... One... Two... Three!" I whispered opening the door. "Gah!" Japan yelled as I opened the door. Sitting on the floor with her were Esfirnia, Ukraine, and Canada.

"We're not together so quit trying to catch us being romantic." I said. "But you guys kissed! I saw!" Japan said.

Both me and America blushed. "No we didn't." I lied. "Sure you didn't..." Japan said playfully rolling her eyes. "It's pretty late how about we all just go back to bed." Canada said.

"Yeah Canada's right." America said. "Good night everyone." He added walking back into our room. "Yeah night." I said turning around and following him into the room.

"Have fun~" Japan said before walking into her room. I sighed before sitting on my bed. "You still wanna sleep with me tonight?" I asked America. "It's fine if you do." I added. "Eh... Why not." America said.

I layed down and made sure America had enough room to lay down. He layed down next to me. I stared at him before closing my eyes.

After a few minutes America started cuddling me. "Why are you cuddling me?" I asked. "Well it's kind of cold and because I can." America replied. "I'm fine with it anyway's." I said cuddling him back.

I kissed him on the forehead and pulled away. I fell asleep soon after America did.

I woke up from someone shaking me awake. I opened my eyes to see who it was.