Chapter 2: Memories

Hayato POV:

"I'm moving away but don't forget me"

*Brgg Brgg Brgg*

"Ugh" I rubbed my face and opened my eyes. My phone's ringing woke me up. Then it stopped as I stared at the ceiling. I'm so tired...

I got up from my bed and looked at my phone that was sitting on my desk. *9:02*. Then my phone rang again. It was Kashima. I answered the call and put the phone next to my ear. "Hai"

"Good morning Kamitani" Kashima responded brightly. I could tell by his tone, but I'm not surprised since he's like this every day. "Morning" I groaned

"Are you awake? Get ready because I'll arrive at your house soon with Kotarou" Oh yeah, we're supposed to shop today since school will start in about a week. We planned these days ago and yet I still forgot about it. "Yeah yeah I got it. I will get ready."

I went to the bathroom to wash up. I could already tell that my mom and Taka were up. I went back to my bedroom to change. After getting ready, I went downstairs and greet my mom while Taka plays with his dumb sword. I reminded her about my plan for today and she just said goodbye to me. As I walk towards the door, my mom stopped me.

"Hey wait! Bring your little brother too!" I twitched. Not this again!

"Nii-chan take me with you!" Taka ran to me and hug my leg. He hugged really tight and I was annoyed.

"No. This is for my school supplies. I don't need you" I shook him off my leg.

"Nii-chan I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you" Taka shouted as he cried, throwing a tantrum on the floor. "Shut up you're annoying and no throwing tantrums"

I hit his head like I always do to him and he tried to hold it in, but failed and ended up crying which made me even madder. Then I felt a pain in the back of my head.

"No violence!" Mom scolded me "Just take him, Kashima's little brother is going to be lonely."

"Fine." I open the door and wait for him to follow. I closed the door once he steps out the door. Once I got outside, I saw Kashima with Kotarou waiting. I clicked my tongue.

"Hello, Kamitani!" Kashima shouted as I walked towards the gate. Then the moment I opened it, Taka dashes out to Kotora."Oi Kotarou! Let's play!" He grabs his hands.

"Oi Taka, be nice. We are going to drop you guys off with Usaida at the daycare."

"WHAT? TAKE US WITH YOU!"

THUMP

I punched his head. Taka grabs his head with both hands while facing down. Then he looked up at my face.

"YOU MEANIE! MEANIE! MEANIE! MEANIE!" Taka beats my leg as he screamed at me as if I cared. Kashima kept telling me not to hit and I just respond with yeah yeah. Then I thought of my strange dream this morning or should I call it a memory?

"Whatever, let's go already," I picked up my brother, he shouted at me to put him down, but I ignored him. We walked to the daycare with our little brothers in our arms. Kashima was worried for me, but I told him it's just a normal day like any other day. He got frightened. We reached the place, slid the door open, and set them down. Usaida was "taking" care of them under a lowly-paid wage. "Eh? Why are you dropping them off?"

"We gotta go shopping"

"We're going now. We'll be back in an hour or two. Bye Kotarou"

"Taka, behave and don't get in trouble," I glare at him. Taka got frightened and chills down his spine.

"Let's go Kashima" I turned around and walked out as he followed me. Then I got a weird feeling inside my chest... Why do I have this strange feeling? Why is she suddenly back in my mind?

*Time skip by Kotarou's cuteness*

- In the mall -

We came to the mall and begin shopping for our supplies. I knew the map of the mall so I had to be a guide for Kashima.

"Why are we in the furniture section?"

"This is the best shortcut to school supplies" I dragged him through the section. Then my eyes wander around until something caught them. Then I stopped and looked at a familiar figure. Dark violet hair. Then an image of her appeared in my mind. I closed my eyes for a second and squeezed them tight as it twitches.

She's not here remember. She's gone. She can't be here.

Then when I opened my eyes. She was gone. I sighed in relief.

"Are you lost Kamitani?" Kashima asked.

"No, I was thinking of what to buy for school." I lied to him. I knew it was wrong, but my past is private to me. Is that why I'm hallucinating about her?

He just nodded and smiled while I looked at him with a straight face. This guy is going to die early. We continue to walk towards the school supplies section. We grab the supplies we needed, put in the basket, and walked to the cash register.

*TIME SKIP by Taka's rambles*

-At the daycare-

We finished eating lunch since Kashima was hungry. All we ate were sandwiches and tea. I slide the door and enter the room."Taka! Time to go home. I got my supplies."

Taka made a weird face and ran to Kotarou. "No! I want to play with Kotarou more!"

As he holds Kotarou's hand. I was annoyed by him again that my vein popped and I clench my hand into a tight fist.

"I said time to go home." I threaten him with a glare. His eyes start to water and he tries to hold in his tears. I grab the back of his shirt and face Kashima.

"I am going home Kashima. Thanks for today."

"Thanks for coming with me Kamitani."

I walk back home with Taka in my arms.

"We're home." I put Taka down and close the door behind me.

"You're just in time for dinner." She stands in the doorway and walks back to the kitchen. I sigh and took off my shoes. I walk upstairs to my room and place down the bag on my desk. I walk back down to the kitchen and sit down at the table where Taka and Mom waited. We ate dinner as usual and went back to my room. I laid on my bed and look up at the ceiling.

*SIGH~ "Why is she suddenly in my mind?" I mumbled.

"She is not here. She'll probably won't come back either."

"I'm moving away, but don't forget me," said the little girl crying with a sad smile.

"I can never forget my first friend, Rikona"

I unknowingly smirked at the memory as my heartbeats.

End of Chapter 2

|Sorry about the short story. By the way, I have a friend who is the beta reader and helps me creating this story. I would like to give credit to my co-author's friend who partially did the cover. Thank you.~ A/N|

|Words Count: 1033|