Chapter 41: Wish

Ryuuichi POV:

"Rikona?" I was surprised to see her here. I knew she had a job, but not at a fancy restaurant. She forced a smile and tilt her head while gesturing us to come with her. "Please this way to your table, Morinomiyas" She looks at us with sharp scary eyes that it brings chills to my spine.

"Come in! We're not gonna wait here all day!"

"Y-Yes"

Kamitani and I followed Rikona to our table. If I knew that she worked here, I wouldn't have invited him! And he wouldn't be embarrassed wearing a tuxedo!

*Before*

"Ryuuichi, there's an important event that I have to attend which includes you!" She told me.

"Then I will come if it's important"

"Don't embarrass me! And you can invite an additional guest too"

So I decided to invite Kamitani since it was going to be fancy and expensive. Plus it's free since it's a special invite. Saikawa was nice enough to get me proper attire for the event. Apparently, it's a social gathering so I plan to go with Kamitani to hang out more. Kotaro will be taken care of by Saikawa.

*Now*

"If you need anything else, just call me or a nearby server. Have a nice day" She bows and walked away.

"You may get up and socialize with others. Make new friends!" The chairwoman commands us. Then she walked away to meet her old friends. We wonder around and greeted some people that approach us. I would glance at Rikona and there was something creepy about her. She was grinning, but it felt different. She's probably having fun here. I smiled for no reason while Kamitani was bored.

*Meanwhile* ~ Rikona POV ~

Yes. Make money. I felt myself grinning. How could I not? With this many customers dancing with the servants. My tip will be even more than my pay in a week! "Hehehe"

"Your smile is creeping everyone. I advise you to stop before you drive everyone away" My boss warned me.

"Then I will change it" I smiled even more.

"Uhhhh. No please. This business is all I got"

I stopped smiling and went back to my straight face. "Better?"

"Yes please~"

I continued working and serving the customers. A lot of males would be tried to escort me to the dance floor, but because I'm forbidden to dance. I had to reject and guide them to another server. Saying goodbye to my extra cash. Grandpa, why do you do this to me?

As I walked around with my food plate, I ran into Hayato. I looked at his attire. "Pff" If only I could sell again. "Crab cakes?" I offered. "Are they poison?" He takes one.

"No, but would you like them to be?" I glared at him.

"Whatever" He tosses one into his mouth as I walk past him. So irritating.

Then I came up to Great Auntie Mori and offered her some crab cakes. "How is that old man?"

"My grandpa is doing good Great-Auntie"

"You know he used to ditch class just like you!" He's still ditching work now.

"I see. Well, have a lovely day Ma'dam" I leave.

I'm bored. I glanced at the dance floor with people on it. Why can't I dance?? I took classes on it and practiced many times until my feet bled. Months of training just to teach others how to do the same. But I learned it so that I could dance with Grandpa on the 14th birthday. It was worth it though I was a little rusty compared to now. I upsettingly stared at the people happily dancing with their partner. I wish I could be that happy. Wait... What am I thinking?