Chapter 35: Exchanges

3rd POV:

After the Christmas party, everyone went home and end the night. Then on the real Christmas day. Everyone just celebrated with their family. Rikona and Junko celebrated with cousin Seiua at the mansion with their servants while video timing with their Grandpa. The others went to the culture festival and had some fun, but for Rikona. She stayed home, talking to the person on the other side of her phone. "I...." She hangs up and prays in silence for her.

*TIME SKIP* ~ 2 months later ~

It was lunchtime. The girls were eating together and sitting in Class A. Then Kiwa remembered something. "It's almost Valentine's day right?"

Yuki and Maria flinched while Rikona didn't even bother to care, but only to focus on eating her food. "Yeah, what about it?" She stuffs her mouth.

Kiwa loves sweets and wanted to remind them of giving her some. "Well, what do you do?" She played dumb.

Yuki and Maria looked at each other and thought of scenarios with their one and only crush. Ryuuichi. They blushed.

Maria yelled for no reason. "They just give chocolates and flowers! Which is stupid and forbidden here!" Kiwa was startled by her tone. "... Geez, you don't have to be such a b-. I mean... that. Don't give me attitude" She got annoyed by her emotion.

Yuki wanted to express her thoughts on it. "Girls would even make chocolate or bake to the b-boys they l-l-l-l" She was stuttering over the word 'like'.

"Love?" Kiwa finished and Yuki's whole face turned red. She got concerned. "H-hey are you ok? Do you need to go to the nurse?"

While they were dealing with that, it reminded Rikona of something. 'That's right. He's supposed to make cookies for me' At the same time, she was thinking of what to make for her friends. 'Macarons? Or just regular chocolate?'

*Meanwhile*

Ryuuichi and Hayato were sitting together as usual with their friends (or classmates). Then one of them brought up the topic. "So Valentine's Day is coming up. How many girls do you think will offer us chocolate eh?"

Ryuuichi and Hayato didn't care. "Well, it's not up to me to know" Ryuuichi avoids the question. "None because you guys are ridiculous" Hayato was being honest.

They got insulted and was hurt by his words. "You don't need to brag just because girls are coming to you!" One of them ran out of class crying.

"W-wait! I-" Ryuuichi felt sorry for him while Hayato just continues eating his bread. While eating his greasy dough, he unknowingly thought to himself. 'Maybe I should get a sandwich next time'. *A-choo*

*TIME SKIP* ~ After School ~

'What should I make?' thought Rikona as she walks around the store. Junko looked around the store in astonishment. "Tomoya-san brought me here!" Her eyes sparkled at Rikona who was staring blankly at her.

"... Remind me not to come here again..." She continues on with her shopping while Junko looks at everything, but never ask to buy. After she got her ingredients for dinner, she went to the dessert sections. She turned and face Junko who was staring at the chocolate. "Junko choose a number between 1-10" Then she reverted her attention to her sister.

"Uhhhhhh 11!" She said confidently while Rikona was in disbelief. *Sigh* "Guess I'll decide tomorrow". She got up and walked until she saw someone familiar. Then she ran up to him and startled him. "Choose a number between 1-10"

"... 5.." Chuukichi answered. She turns around to face Junko. "We're making truffles for Valentines then" "Yayyy~" Junko cheers.

"... Why weren't you at work today?" He asked curiously.