Chapter 43: Date?

Ryuuichi POV:

I was busy packing my stuff up. I can't believe this is our last year. Time flies by so quickly! Everyone has grown up and Kotaro began preschool. However, I still have to stay in the daycare, but at least we have more members than before. Which is just our friends. *Sigh* I wonder what will happen to the club when we graduate. 

"Hey, Ryuuichi! Are you ok?"

"Huh?" I turned to the person. It was Yuki. 

"Yeah I'm fine" I rubbed the back of my head. She became more how do I describe it? Mature? No brave. Usually, when she meets me, her face would be flushed and turned away from me with her face covered. That was the first year but after a while. We became good friends and she was always there for me. She stopped being shy and so we had a proper friendship. She was also the person to figure out my feelings which startled me. However, she cheered me on and hoped for the best of us. I was glad to have her as a friend. 

"Where did Kamitani go?"

"Oh!" I looked around the classroom. We were the only ones left. 

"Probably home already" She nods and we walked out of class together. 

"So how is it working with Rikona?" My heart races as blood rush to my cheek. 

"It's fine I guess" I faced away with my wrist covering half of my face.

"Oh ok! Well, good luck. Don't forget that I'm always available. I softly smiled as she runs away, down the hall. Thank you for being there...Yuki.

~ Yuki POV ~

*Last Year*

BANG POW SWISH

*Pant* I opened my water bottle and gulp it down. I wipe my mouth with my hand. "Let's continue!"

"Ushimaru! That's enough! It's time for a break!" The coach was worried about me. All of my teammates were tired of practicing. She asked me why I was so pumped up, but I told her it's nothing. I was forced to rest for now. Idiot Yuki! Why must you fall for him?! It was only yesterday that I found out that my very crush, Ryuuichi has feelings for Rikona, my friend!

*Yesterday*

"Hey, Ryuuichi! Where are you going?" Rikona was busy controlling the kids as he walks out the door. 

"Erm... I have class work!" A vein popped on her cheek as she gives him the death stares. I was also in the daycare, Rikona and Maria had helped me get over my fear of kids. Because of that, I was able to become a member of the babysitter club. I was grateful for Rikona persuading me to at least babysit the kids for one day and now I come at least once a week. Evelyn and Tomoya would come every day with Ryuuichi. Rikona was like an angel sent from the heavens, she had saved us all from despair and agony. How? The girls and I talked about what secrets she could be hiding. Next time we know, we all confessed our past of torture and misery. Then she suddenly appeared. Maria was the only one who didn't get "saved" from her, but still, she gave her support to us.

"Oh shoot! I left my bag back in class!" I stood up from the floor. 

"How can you forget it?..." She told me to hurry and I ran out to my classroom. Please be there! As I come close to my classroom, I slowed down and continue to walk there. I saw Ryuuichi in his desk writing something down in his notebook. I walked inside and he hadn't noticed anything. I walked behind him and leaned over to see what he had written down. I got alarmed. 

*Rikona is just a friend*

No, it can't be. But it was true. I've always felt there was something going on with Ryuuichi. The way he looked at her. The way he responds. And he acts around her. It was always the same.